eBay blocking Toolhaus from accessing feedback info

K.Z.

O.G.
Jun 25, 2008
This is the first time I get this message (below) when looking someone up on toolhaus.org, and I'm both amazed and not surprised. Is this yet another move by fBay to make it "easier" and "safer" to buy and sell on fBay? WTF?!?

eBay has blocked access to feedback. Toolhaus is unable to obtain information which is available only to registered eBay users. We're not happy about this.
- But try again in an hour, sometimes eBay unblocks us!
- For more information, see our FAQ

Last edited:
...and this comes on the heels of fBay claiming to want its sellers back and implementing a couple of (IMO) lame and insignificant changes despite the magnitude of the problems. How ironic...

LooKZ like fBay is making other changes (were are the press releases for those?) because, as far as I know, Toolhaus had been able to access all of this info without trouble up until now. Surely, fBay will come up with yet another lame excuse (security of our members feedback...BS) to justify yet another self-destructive change. Toolhaus has been doing what should be fBay's job. If the bay is not able or willing to offer detailed neutral/negative feedback that goes back beyond 12 months in one page, info that enables buyers and sellers to minimize their risk when doing business on fBay, then why block Toolhaus from offering that service?

Are you sure about this? I just ran Toolhaus on my dead boyfriend's username and it still showed a full set of results, including the nasty exchange that he had with a buyer whose wife claimed that he couldn't pay because he had died which was odd because we caught him still bidding on other items!!!!

i just tried for a seller that i know is registered and the perfect seller and got:

User ID invalid
The User ID you entered was not found. Please check the User ID and try again.

that is VERY wrong! maybe it is site problems because it says that she has 0 feedback - for or from!

I used it last night on a certain member and it worked fine...I just tried again and got the same message KZ got. :tdown:

If this is seriously *bay's doing, it is REALLY lame. You already can't leave negative feedback for buyers, now you can't even see if they've EVER received any? :lecture:

Wow, I just checked my own 2 id's and got the same message for both:

Error: eBay has blocked access to feedback. Toolhaus is unable to obtain information which is available only to registered eBay users. We're not happy about this.
- But try again in an hour, sometimes eBay unblocks us!
- For more information, see our FAQ

*bay is :tdown:

Last edited:
For those who got thru (jenove, DDR, gina), notice that in the error message toolhaus is posting when the info is not accessible, Toolhaus states: - But try again in an hour, SOMETIMES eBay unblocks us!