Ebay BIN advice

moshi_moshi

OMG Shoez!
Jun 18, 2007
NJ/PA
Hello,

I am new to the ebay forum and tried doing a search but nothing came up.

So, forgive me if I am wrong but the BIN feature is designed so that a buyer may instantly get the item they want without having to wait and see how the auction pans out, correct? Is it wrong to assume that BIN prices are usually somewhat higher than the buyer expects to get if they let the auction run through?

A buyer has asked me what my reserve was which I told her and then asked if she could purchase it at the reserve price. I told her my reserve but then also told her that my auction had 30 people watching it, that I thought it had potential and then asked her what she thought a reasonable BIN would be.

Would this be considered rude? I did not in any means want to offend the buyer by saying this but I feel as though I may have.

Thanks for any advice!

Apr 15, 2007
No, I don't think it is rude. However, I am not sure that I would have disclosed the

reserve price . If there is a big difference between your reserve and your BIN price

she may not be so happy, but if she wants it she will BIN. Good luck!!

moshi_moshi

OMG Shoez!
Jun 18, 2007
NJ/PA
Thanks for your response.

I didn't have a BIN price because I was just planning to let the auction run its course, there seems to be a lot of interest. While I did tell her what the reserve price was I wanted to see what she was willing to offer as a BIN.

pursewatch

Yorkie & Malamute
O.G.
Sep 26, 2007
Here & There
www.bonanzle.com
I don't think you are rude, if the buyer really wanted the item she can either meet your reserve in the auction or suggest a BIN price that both of you can be happy with.

Last edited:

moshi_moshi

OMG Shoez!
Jun 18, 2007
NJ/PA
Thanks purse.

I tried to be as nice as possible about it. I'm assuming that she didn't like what I said only because I haven't heard from her and she responded to all my other e-mails quickly. She lives locally and wanted to try them on first so I said sure, as Christian Louboutin sizing can be tricky.

Speedah

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
O.G.
Dec 6, 2008
All I see is red soles...
I think you were fine, Moshi. It's a big pet peeve of mine when sellers tell me when the reserve is a secret. I stop watching the item altogether- no need for guessing games. I wouldn't worry about it though- you had the reserve which is the minimum that you're willing to sell it for, not necessarily what youwant to sell it for.