eBay Bidding Advice Needed Please!

chloe speaks

scootering!
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
I apologize for starting a new thread on a personal question, but I don't know where else to put an issue like this? Please feel free to redirect me and move/delete thread. I would like to know where to go to in the future for similar questions/answers.

My question is in regards to shopping for CLs on eBay with sellers that are new or not forthcoming with information. If you saw a CL (and none are what I call inexpensive, especially if they are new or slightly worn pairs) that was on your List, and the seller was New (2 positive feedbacks only)AND didn't want to provide pictures would you just go ahead and use the PayPal and AMEX protection policies in case something went wrong? Or just let them go and wait for another pair?

Thanks so much,
Chloe

unless it was some holy grail, i wouldn't go through with a sale that a seller wasn't being more forthcoming/willing to provide me with more information on.

new sellers don't bother me if they are prompt with responses and courteous.

Low feedback is one thing, but not willing to provide information? I wouldn't even deal with a well-established seller if they did that! I've bought from people with very little feedback before and had no problems, but their refusal to take more pics puts up a red flag... maybe the pics are stolen? :shrugs:

yes, I have suspected also and would otherwise just let it go, but she has relisted several times, each time for less, so I began to think maybe she really does want to get rid of these shoes?
:confused1:

chloespeaks

How badly do you want these shoes? I would not do business with anyone - buyer or seller - who I get a suspicious feeling about. I went against my gut once and it worked out for the worst.

I don't care if they had the best feedback on ebay...if they won't provide extra pictures that are needed (exception would be if adequate pictures are posted in the listing) then I'd run the other way! I'm the same as 5elle...i went against my gut once and ended up with a fake! There are TONS of sellers out there and TONS of CLS...if you're patient youll find another pair. But I'd hate to see you take the risk and end up posting another thread about getting scammed with some fakes or SNADs :nogood:

have you asked her to email them to you?
some new sellers might not want to pay for additional pictures on the auction

if thats not the case, then i would move on
if a seller won't provide enough pictures to prove authenticity, its not worth the risk of winning a fake

I agree with the other posters here that a seller's response speaks volumes. CL's aren't like a cheap cassette tape; they are a high dollar product and there is a reasonable amount of inquiry that sellers of CL's should expect from potential customers. The seller's response and lack of additional photos is a RED FLAG. Run; save yourself a massive headache in the end.