Ebay and replica's

for example, I once had to get a permit to import a pair of endangered crocodile leather shoes I had custom made in Europe but then I was made aware I would not need a permit if I was to re-export the shoes to get re-soled or repaired by the original shoemaker)
Surely if it’s an endangered crocodile then it should not have been made into shoes, it should have been in a sanctuary :confused1: , that’s so sad that even animals that are endangered are not safe

Surely if it’s an endangered crocodile then it should not have been made into shoes, it should have been in a sanctuary :confused1: , that’s so sad that even animals that are endangered are not safe
Farm raised by Hermes' farm in zimbabwe. They're legal in the USA if made from Zimbabwean skins since they do not come from the wild population as there are no crocodiles there natively. My agent still had to get all the paperwork from the original farm, tannery, wholesaler, importer, etc. to prove it...

Seeing as USPS cannot open mail without either a warrant or if they suspect an attempt to use the wrong class of mail I believe you would be fine. Also, consider the fact that they would likely have no idea whether it is authentic or not as they are not expected to inspect mail as customs agents do. If your purchase was from overseas that may lead to more legal questions but typically returned goods are exempt from most postal laws ( for example, I once had to get a permit to import a pair of endangered crocodile leather shoes I had custom made in Europe but then I was made aware I would not need a permit if I was to re-export the shoes to get re-soled or repaired by the original shoemaker)

It was sent to a US govt employee at a base in Italy for me. Just all sorts of uncomfortable esp now since the buyer has refunded me without issuing me the prepaid label through ebay while the case was open. Ugh!