ebay and paypal fees, what % of the final price?

trama turgo

O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
I am new to selling on ebay, and I am trying to understand how much ebay and paypal fees affect a selling price :shrugs: .

Does anybody know, for example what percentage of a final selling price I would I have to pay to both ebay and paypal for using their services, so that I can work out what the starting bid for an item can be?

In other words, how much do I have to add to the amout I want to get from one item :confused1: ?

Thank you!

thithi

::pretty:tough::
O.G.
take advantage of the cheaper listing days, when ebay sends out emails with reduced listing prices... it'll save you a little bit! And try to use your own server to host the photos instead of paying extra for additional photo hosting thru ebay. Every little bit helps!

trama turgo

O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
Thanks janecanadian,sabrinahchan, and thithi, thanks to all of you for your tips :heart: :graucho: . I have put up my item, fingers crossed now!

pinkish_love

Birkins Hunter
Jun 29, 2006
take advantage of the cheaper listing days, when ebay sends out emails with reduced listing prices... it'll save you a little bit! And try to use your own server to host the photos instead of paying extra for additional photo hosting thru ebay. Every little bit helps!
Thats a great tip :yes: