Ebay Advice...Please

nadineluv

O.G.
Mar 19, 2012
I have been selling Chanel, LV, Prada & Balenciaga on eBay for awhile now. I have been fairly successful. However the past 2 months I haven't sold a thing :sad:
Finally someone is interested in one of my Chanel's that is priced @ $1900. Well they only have 2 feedback & a 0% rating. Would you be weary of selling to that person. They have contacted me about their interest in the bag, asked basic questions. But I'm kinda worried, especially after reading about all the eBay scammers out there. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

I have sold to many with low feedback; sometimes you just need to go with your gut feeling about someone. Everyone starts somewhere, and we all started with 0 feedback. Just make sure you are covered with signature required (make it to her personally, adult specific person) and insure the package for the full amount. Best of luck! :smile:

my understanding is chanel just had a price increase in feburary of this year, so there should be a increase in interest in chanel bags 0_0. maybe you can ask her why her feedbacks so low?? if I were her i'd understand your concerns..

I have sold to many with low feedback; sometimes you just need to go with your gut feeling about someone. Everyone starts somewhere, and we all started with 0 feedback. Just make sure you are covered with signature required (make it to her personally, adult specific person) and insure the package for the full amount. Best of luck! :smile:

Thanks again for your advice. :smile:
My gut isn't always right :-/ last month I sold to someone who I was also concerned about, I worried quite a bit about it and in the end I had nothing to worry about, everything turned out just fine. I think a lot of my fear stems from all the post/threads on here about eBay scammers :sad:

my understanding is chanel just had a price increase in feburary of this year, so there should be a increase in interest in chanel bags 0_0. maybe you can ask her why her feedbacks so low?? if I were her i'd understand your concerns..

I sure hope it starts picking up. I have some lovely bags that need a loving home :biggrin:

Actually Chanel has only increased the price of shoes and some CJ so far, not their bags.

I'm a bit concerned ... Not sure if I should be.
Potential buyer asked me if she found out bag wasn't authentic could she get a refund. I reassured her that the bag is authentic and that she should get it authenticated for peace of mind. A few days later she said she was ready to buy bag, the listing had ended so I relisted and notified her that I did and asked if she got bag authenticated and by whom. She never answered my question she just said thanks and placed a bid. I wasn't too concerned that she didn't answer my question. Well I've been a little worried :-/ that I might get scammed. So I sent her a nice message.... Asking her if she had a confirmed PayPal address, if she ever got the authenticated because I want her to have peace of mind when buying bag. Well I haven't heard from her and listing ends in 3 days .... Should I be concerned that she hasn't replied.

Potential buyer asked me if she found out bag wasn't authentic could she get a refund. I reassured her that the bag is authentic and that she should get it authenticated for peace of mind. A few days later she said she was ready to buy bag, the listing had ended so I relisted and notified her that I did and asked if she got bag authenticated and by whom. She never answered my question she just said thanks and placed a bid. I wasn't too concerned that she didn't answer my question. Well I've been a little worried :-/ that I might get scammed. So I sent her a nice message.... Asking her if she had a confirmed PayPal address, if she ever got the authenticated because I want her to have peace of mind when buying bag. Well I haven't heard from her and listing ends in 3 days .... Should I be concerned that she hasn't replied.

i can't say if you should be concerned or not. you do have time to cancel the auction (i think) if it's more than 24 hrs til the listing ends. you can also take the proactive step of authenticating the bag yourself in case authenticity does become an issue after the sale.

i can't say if you should be concerned or not. you do have time to cancel the auction (i think) if it's more than 24 hrs til the listing ends. you can also take the proactive step of authenticating the bag yourself in case authenticity does become an issue after the sale.

I would definitely do this (authenticate the bag yourself) as it costs so little and gives peace of mind all the way around. If it's Chanel, Etinceler Authentications and Authenticate4U are two that do this. The first only charges $5. That's a very small price for peace of mind.

I'm assuming you are 100% confident that the bag is authentic, right?

I can see how a new buyer might be a bit nervous and ask questions about authenticity. Chances are she is not aware of buyer protection. Maybe she doesn't know what you mean by having a confirmed Paypal address. So she may be as nervous as you are.

As long as her payment is fully "eligible" for seller protection, I think you are fairly safe.

But if there is any further communication that doesn't feel right to you, I would not proceed with the sale.

You can always post on your auction not to sell to buyers with less then x amount of purchases. I would not sell to a zero feedback buyer.

if it is an auction or a BIN there is no way to prevent a low fb bidder/buyer from bidding at the last second and winning or just hitting BIN. Of course you can refund and relist but that isn't going to work for very long. You can put all the restrictions you want in a listing and it doesn't mean squat. If you are really serious about barring certain buyers you can list it with Best Offer.