Ebano year-round?

Viaggiare

O.G.
May 9, 2007
Planning on getting a large ebano veneta. Is this considered a winter color only or can it work in the summer? I live in Northern CA. Is there another color that is more year-round that is not so light that I have to worry about color transfer? I like Steel, too but that color seems wintry and muted, too. Maybe I sould get a second BV in a summer color for my June birthday!

i love ebano and think it is perfect year round but i am a new yorker. certainly getting a second summer bv is a good idea if you don't feel comfortable carrying the ebano in the summer but i think you'll be fine.

Ebano is BV's signature color
BV is known as the brown house in the trade
Ebano is a very very rich brown
it reminds me of a tootsie roll but not a tootsie roll but the tootsie roll that is the middle of a tootsie pop
the tootsie roll always looks richer and deeper when it is surrounded by the candy color
Ebano seems to glisten and glow it is a great color for all year round

I use my large ebano Veneta year-round--even in summertime, with sandals. I think that ebano doesn't look as severe as black sometimes can be in summer. That said, I do have other BVs that are more summery as well, though I tend to stay away from the very light colors even in summer.

I did a search of the Celebrities-BV thread for "ebano" and found these posts that might be of use to you. They weren't taken in the heart of summer, but to someone who lives in the Northeast, those definitely aren't winter clothes they're wearing!

Scroll down in each post, because there are several photos of each outfit.

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/celebs-bottega-veneta-bags-pics-only-no-chatting-91558-94.html#post18013432

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/celebs-bottega-veneta-bags-pics-only-no-chatting-91558-103.html#post19013337

Ahhh, my favorite bag (maybe a tie with the Nuvolato Veneta). I would use it year round if I didn't have other colors to wear. Before I was *into* fashion bags, I only carried black or brown year 'round. I think it's fine unless you live in a really tropical climate that is sunny and hot all year.

Planning on getting a large ebano veneta. Is this considered a winter color only or can it work in the summer? I live in Northern CA. Is there another color that is more year-round that is not so light that I have to worry about color transfer? I like Steel, too but that color seems wintry and muted, too. Maybe I sould get a second BV in a summer color for my June birthday!

I too live in Northern CA. I'm in Sacramento. Where are you?

I think ebano is lovely and it will be my next BV. I think it's a great choice. It might not work with khaki shorts and a pink tank top (itd look great with a darker colored tank) or a flirty dress light dress but that has almost more to do with the style than the color. It's ideal for fall and winter. I have tea (a medium caramel type brown) for summer and tourmaline for winter (dark blue). My tea got a ton of use and the only thing it didn't work with was a floral dress.
(If you do a search under my name you'll find a reveal of my tea veneta and I'm wearing shorts and a tank.)