Food Easy, quick and healthy meals, HELP!

Bay

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
Ok, at the moment I live at a place where I dont have my own kitchen, I have to share it. Which I hate. Not that I like cooking in the first place. I really dont. And I am lazy. I want to make the smallest mess possible, and not having to wait for a long time or do much and still have a gourmet meal, lol! Thats why I go out and eat a lot.

But I am trying to lose weight. And I need help. I need to start cooking more. I want yummy food. But they have to be simple. Go quick. Require as little effort as possible.

All ideas welcome, going grocery shopping tomorrow.

Thank you guys!! Yeah I know this is like hoping for a miracle..:P

I'm in the same situation as you...I hate my roommates, but we share a kitchen, so I prefer to spend as little time in there as possible! What kind of food do you like...meat, fish, vegetarian, etc.?

Bay How about getting a whole roasted chicken and making salads from it? I love making a roasted turkey breast and eating it thru the week. Also I love tuna!! Ooo and one more thing how about frozen but ready to eat shrimp? Pre cut all your veggies and fruit for the week and then just a quick toss of things together and you have a meal!! also hummus on hand and pita bread. Ok won't add anymore:shame:I hope this helps!:flowers:

^I like those ideas! Those whole roasted chickens are easy and can be used for soo many things..salads, sandwiches, etc. I always have whole wheat tortillas around (mine are low calorie and super high fiber). I put hummus on them, make quick quesadillas [wow it took me like 15 tries to spell that!], wrap meat and some veggies in it, or put peanut butter and jelly on them. YUM.

Whatever you decide to make, cook a lot of it at once, so you don't have to go back in the kitchen all the time ;) You really can't do that with fish, but it works well for other meats. Also, maybe make a big batch of pasta or something..then throughout the week, you can put different sauces on it so you don't get bored. Oh and I love those frozen veggies that you steam in the bag because they taste really fresh, but they're super easy...you can find some that have sauce in them so they taste good. Hope that helps! :biggrin:

Bay & Trueshoelove2 I'm glad that my ideas helped!!!:biggrin::flowers:Also roasting a chicken is really no big deal. There are diasposable containers that you can cook them in so that there is no clean up. But sometimes if the store is having a sale it is way cheaper to buy them then fuss. Also I ove making chicken stock from the bones!!