Easy Caviar or Classic Flap? Is it a good subsitute?

jh88

O.G.
Nov 22, 2013
Hi Ladies, I see the easy caviar flap is coming back in the 2014 fall collection. I'm thinking of getting one. But i wanted to see what you all thought on it. Is it a subsitute for a classic flap? Would you get the easy caviar in black/beige and save a bit of money or do you think there is no subsitute for the classic flap?

Those who have the easy caviar - do you regret it and wish you got the classic?
Or are they completely different bags?

Thanks xxx

I dont regret having easy caviar, its durable, cheaper than classic, you dont have to baby it, but it can never substitute a classic. You can have both, easy caviar for daily hardcore use n classic for that special outings

I dont regret having easy caviar, its durable, cheaper than classic, you dont have to baby it, but it can never substitute a classic. You can have both, easy caviar for daily hardcore use n classic for that special outings

Totally agree with this. I recommend buying the jumbo size for everyday.

I am asking myself the same question. Would I be happy with the beige easy flap or would I still chase the dream of a classic beige flap? Honest answer is I am unsure so won't be buying either for now.

For me these 2 bags are different, it can't be substitute. Classic is more elegence in my opinion. But easy caviar as its name easy to use as an everyday. You can dress up or down. I use my beige easy cavier more often than black jumbo classic. Jumbo Easy hold more than jumbo classic and a lot lighter which is a plus. And easy cavier is much easier to access into the bag as it has zipper not double flaps. hope this help. :smile:

I am asking myself the same question. Would I be happy with the beige easy flap or would I still chase the dream of a classic beige flap? Honest answer is I am unsure so won't be buying either for now.

If i were u, i would save up and buy a classic first cos the price hike for classics are darn crazy every year. You will feel more content if u buy a classic first and seasonal later... Just my 2 cents :smile:

To me the seasonal flaps aren't worth it. Not that the classic is dollar for dollar but I guess I'm saying the craftsmanship and materials for seasonals are not at all comparable to the details to classics. I would save for classic first.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

Hi Ladies, I see the easy caviar flap is coming back in the 2014 fall collection. I'm thinking of getting one. But i wanted to see what you all thought on it. Is it a subsitute for a classic flap? Would you get the easy caviar in black/beige and save a bit of money or do you think there is no subsitute for the classic flap?

Thanks xxx

I don't have it, but I looked at it when they first came out. No, it's not a substitute for a classic flap. They are completely different bags. The easy caviar just "looks" like a classic when it's new from the outside (if you only look at it head on and don't see the sides or back). It's made of a soft material which does slouch after time and the inside is fabric, so it doesn't maintain the structured shape as the classic flap does. The similarities end with the front view if you are a distance away. Please do a search for the easy caviar (just go to the search on the right side of the Chanel forum and type in "easy caviar" and choose threads), and you'll find people showing photos of all angles and the inside as well as talking about how it holds up (or doesn't). It's a nice bag, and the blue was really pretty the first season. If you don't mind the unstructured look and the differences and treat it as a seasonal bag, then you might love it. If you are looking at it as a cheap classic flap, you will be disappointed.

I have both the classic and a med black easy caviar, I have to say I used my easy cav on a daily basis and love it! Yes, it is not as structure and it's made with a cloth lining inside but the plus side is it is a great daily and travel bag, I even tossed it into my carry on luggage as it is not as structure as the classic. I used my easy cav weekly whereas my classic I have to baby it and only used no more than 5 times since I bought it over 2 yrs ago.

Thanks xxx

No, I don't regret buying my easy caviar jumbo in beige. I like the fact that it is much lighter than the classic flap caviar jumbo. Also, the easy caviar jumbo is way cheaper than the classic flap jumbo. I actually like the less structured style of the easy caviar and that it is softer and the quilts are "bouncy". I also prefer the length of the straps on the easy caviar jumbo compared to the classic flap jumbo.

I have tried the classic flap jumbo and among the classic flaps, the jumbo size is one that is unsuitable for my needs due to its weight for the size. I am glad to have the easy caviar jumbo to fill in the gap in my collection of Chanel bags where size is concerned.

On the otherhand, there are two cons (for me personally) of the easy caviar flap compared to the classic flap: (1)it is fabric lined and (2) there's no back pocket.

Everyone's needs and preferences are different. I would suggest that you try out the two bags yourself and see which one you prefer.

Thanks xxx

Hey! Is it true that the easy caviar flap bag is coming back this fall? I didn't see it on the Chanel website. I'm quite interested in getting one as well, that's why I'm asking. Thanks! ;)