Easter Reveal - would you return?

mrfcupcake

Jul 3, 2013
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459277096.374768.jpg

I wasn't going to buy anymore bags from MK, but then I got an email about this bag and I've been googling it everyday to see if the department stores in the UK received any stock.

Long story short, I was in London at the weekend, walked into a boutique and enquired whether or not they had this bag, and they DID!!!

Any guesses which bag it is?

Last edited:
*celadon. Very nice! How are you liking?

I am in LOVE with the bag and the colour, even the mint green lining but there are a few things that make my heart sink.

There's a dent on the left hand side of the bag from poor stitching on the bottom

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459279986.248953.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459280015.351383.jpg

There is also a bit of loose thread on the reverse

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459280058.191291.jpg

And a scratch or dent in the leather on the side

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459280096.161080.jpg

Am I being too picky? my only worry is that these things will always bother me and I am going to be unhappy with this bag.

I am in LOVE with the bag and the colour, even the mint green lining but there are a few things that make my heart sink.

There's a dent on the left hand side of the bag from poor stitching on the bottom

View attachment 3314702

View attachment 3314703

There is also a bit of loose thread on the reverse

View attachment 3314704

And a scratch or dent in the leather on the side

View attachment 3314705

Am I being too picky? my only worry is that these things will always bother me and I am going to be unhappy with this bag.

First off, can you exchange the bag?

If you can't exchange, but only return, try to see if you can get the dents out. Check around tpf for suggestions or I'm sure some peeps here could give you some tips. As far as the thread... Can it just be cut? Looks like extra. I've had that with MK bags and cut it off and no probs. Just use small scissors. If you think it's going to cause damage then don't cut it.

Weigh pros and cons as whether to keep or not. I've come to the conclusion what bothers some, won't bother others and vice versa. Other factors come into play too.. cost of bag, ease of exchange/return,fixable, etc. I know that probably didn't help lol. Ultimately you're the one that is carrying it so if it's going to bother you then you won't be able to enjoy the bag and that's NO good!

I have 30 days to return the bag unused, but I live 2 hours outside of London and don't often travel there, if I did it would be a special trip just to exchange or return the bag.
I thought maybe the dent was just that but looking at the stitching on the bottom of the bag I can see that is what is causing it.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459281705.906118.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459281726.605934.jpg

The thread I could possible snip but I don't want to do this until I make a clear decision on what I am going to do.

The bag itself is gorgeous, I wish I could ignore these things. But it is a £345 bag (maybe not expensive to some, but it is my most expensive purchase so far) and I've never come across quality issues like this with any of my other bags.

Ahh she's a beauty! Absolutely gutted for you that there's marks and things your not happy with, £345 is a lot of money to me too so I'd be on the phone to see if they would do an exchange if you send it back to them, be a shame to only see the flaws when you use her x

Last edited:
Lovely bag and love the color. If it was me I'd want to exchange, so much to spend when there is a clear defect. In my experience MK customer service is very good but not sure if you'd have to travel back to London or if they could do a postal exchange. Maybe a call to the CS or store you got it from if you can find a number. Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

Ahh she's a beauty! Absolutely gutted for you that there's marks and things your not happy with, £345 is a lot of money to me too so I'd be on the phone to see if they would do an exchange if you send it back to them, be a shame to only see the flaws when you use her x

Lovely bag and love the color. If it was me I'd want to exchange, so much to spend when there is a clear defect. In my experience MK customer service is very good but not sure if you'd have to travel back to London or if they could do a postal exchange. Maybe a call to the CS or store you got it from if you can find a number. Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

Agree with both. Lovely bag and color but for that pricepoint an exchange is perfectly logical.

100% agree with Suz! I'm also in the UK and £345 is a lot of money to me to. If you have no luck with the store I have an email for UK customer service. I found them to be good when I had an issue with a bag I brought in the US in Macy's. You want a perfect bag to start!