east west questions

E/W's strap is adjustable but only a bit. I mean, someone posted some photos and explanation about the way to shorten the chain but you can't wear it like messenger, just keep it on your shoulder or by hand if you shorten the strap/chain.

I was reading in a post that the e/w could actually hold a little more than the medium since it only had a single flap?? Is this true???? Any experience with that??

E/W's strap is adjustable but only a bit. I mean, someone posted some photos and explanation about the way to shorten the chain but you can't wear it like messenger, just keep it on your shoulder or by hand if you shorten the strap/chain.

Oh yea, that's fine w/ me. I wasn't planning on wearing it messenger style anyway. I just like having that option I suppose.

i have both the e/w and medium/large flap and both can carry more or less the same amount of stuff :smile: the strap is adjustable as what beautilicious mentioned

I just bought the e/w flap yesterday - was reeaaally debating between it and the large flap. The medium will hold more than the e/w, but not very much more. I have a huge LV wallet (zippy!) and that monster fits into the e/w perfectly with a cell phone and lipstick. I like the fact that the chain is adjustable - but haven't quite figured out how to make it shorter, even though I know how to remove it entirely and just tuck it into the bag. The little bar thing is a sna to figure out.

I got it in the caviar - but Beautilicious' lambskin is making me drool!

I just bought the e/w flap yesterday - was reeaaally debating between it and the large flap. The medium will hold more than the e/w, but not very much more. I have a huge LV wallet (zippy!) and that monster fits into the e/w perfectly with a cell phone and lipstick. I like the fact that the chain is adjustable - but haven't quite figured out how to make it shorter, even though I know how to remove it entirely and just tuck it into the bag. The little bar thing is a sna to figure out.

I got it in the caviar - but Beautilicious' lambskin is making me drool!

Lucky you! What color! I hope you find time to post some pics for me! :drool:

^^^^Nevermind...just saw your post in another thread! She's gorg!! That's exactly the one I want to get. Did you have a relatively easy time finding one?

My SA told me that my timing was good b/c they got a new shipment on Wednesday. They had the black caviar in every size, and she brought them all out for me to see and compare, which was extremely helpful. The jumbo - for the record - is humungous, imo!

I don't know where you're based, but Chanel on Bloor has the e/w caviar w/ silver hardware with the new chain in stock as of yesterday. I opted for the old chain b/c it's a wee bit more timeless looking imo - and I found the new chain a tad heavier.

Also - I have to add - that I have never liked the look of the perforated leather when I have seen pix on this forum - but IRL, it's really beautiful.