East West Bays

Dec 8, 2008
Hi... I'm thinking of buying an ewb in the sale but wondered how they sit on the shoulder...are they comfortable or does one of the straps keep slipping ? I had to sell my bays a while back as it was just too heavy & thought this would be a good alternative.
Can anyone help me out with an opinion either way... Thanks

Hi... I'm thinking of buying an ewb in the sale but wondered how they sit on the shoulder...are they comfortable or does one of the straps keep slipping ? I had to sell my bays a while back as it was just too heavy & thought this would be a good alternative.

I have both - oak Bays and black EW Bays - and definitely find the EW Bays a bit more comfortable to use, although I love the look of the Bays. You can wear the EW Bays comfortably on the shoulder but I do find that one of the straps can slip and so personally prefer to wear it in the crook of my arm.

What colour EW are you thinking of getting? Make sure you do a reveal if you do decide to get it! :smile:

Love the E/W bays! I've an indigo E/W bays and find it very comfortable with only the odd strap slippage happening every now and again. It holds alot too.

cathmenaney said:

I have a black east west Bayswater that I use for running errands/clinic appointments etc. It is very comfortable on my shoulder and so much lighter than the Bayswater. I can wear it all day on my shoulder if shopping or sightseeing. I did that once with the Bayswater and my shoulders killed me!! Never made that mistake again.

Thanks ladies for your input so far... I would really like an oak but there's a nice black one on eBay just now which would be good for work... I'll ask for it to be authenticated when I get a minute.

I have a black EW Bay and no problem with handle slippage from the shoulder. When I know I'll be using both my arms/hands to do something I just quickly slip one of handle over the other and somehow it holds both of them in place and prevents slippage - the EW Bay handles are long enough for me that I can do this. :smile:

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry-reference-library/photo-reference-thread-pics-only-219503.html

I have one posted in the reference library, tied with an Hermes Twilly, and I had forgotten what a simple beauty she is! No muss, no fuss, just elegantly simple. You will love her!

Plain_Jane_Too said:
I have a black EW Bay and no problem with handle slippage from the shoulder. When I know I'll be using both my arms/hands to do something I just quickly slip one of handle over the other and somehow it holds both of them in place and prevents slippage - the EW Bay handles are long enough for me that I can do this. :smile:

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry-reference-library/photo-reference-thread-pics-only-219503.html

I have one posted in the reference library, tied with an Hermes Twilly, and I had forgotten what a simple beauty she is! No muss, no fuss, just elegantly simple. You will love her!

That is a good idea, using a twilly. I have a little LV leopard bandana which would probably look quite cute as well.

I have recently bought an EW bays in black and absolutely love it. I can fit all my things in it and it's still light and easy to carry compared to bays.. I used to hate the shape and just thought it was odd compared to the bays but it's fast becoming my favourite bag and my bays seem heavy and bulky now in comparison. I'm sure you won't regret it if you get one!

It depends on the individual, tbh. I'd always wanted one and reserved a choc at Canopy. When I tried her on, she slid straight off my shoulder. She stayed on my friend's, but I was gutted - even without a coat!! I bought a mini Taylor instead ...

Jane....your black EW bays has a great sheen to it, can I ask how you take care of it ? Is it only collonil or do you also use a nourishing cream ...thanks Cath

I have a chocolate printed e/w bays and its so easy to use, very light and yet it holds enough for a regular day (not work). I am rather regretting passing up a black one on Saturday but i'm holding out for a regular bays. I know it will be heavier and too big really and less practical. I would probably never take it for a full day out, whereas I would take the e/w out for the day without thinking. I must be really daft.

stopmenow said:
I have a chocolate printed e/w bays and its so easy to use, very light and yet it holds enough for a regular day (not work). I am rather regretting passing up a black one on Saturday but i'm holding out for a regular bays. I know it will be heavier and too big really and less practical. I would probably never take it for a full day out, whereas I would take the e/w out for the day without thinking. I must be really daft.

No I understand. I love the look of the Bayswater more than the east west Bayswater. The problem is that east west is not big enough for work and I spend most of my life at work....how sad!

I bought 2 before Christmas. I have only used the Chocolate one so far, I'm saving the Oak for the spring/summer. I absolutely love it, it is now my favourite Mulberry bag. It has a good capacity and I manage to fit in quite alot of things, it also sits nicely on my shoulder!
I do have a Bays but I don't use it very often since I found it too heavy to carry around. I would buy it if you can since they are now discounted.