East/West Bag or Classic 2.55 for Someone Petite

apags

Apr 2, 2010
I can't decide between the east/west bag or the medium classic 2.55 in black cavier. I would mainly be using it in the evening for dinners and events and also during the day for showers, luncheons etc. I'm only planning to get one chanel bag. I'm a petite girl that's 5'1''. I know the classic is timeless and versatile but the east/west bag is cute for the evening. I'm also concerned the classic may be too big for evening? Which is better?

yes i tried them both. i like the classic especially since it's versatile but feel its a little big after trying on the east-west. then i read that the 2 are pretty much just the same size.

Sounds like you prefer the E/W better. Either one would be a good choice for your requirements! Another alternative would be the small flap which is one inch smaller than the m/l.

Here's some pics illustrating the size difference between the small and the m/l

Attachments

• DSC01318.JPG
    DSC01318.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC01319.JPG
    DSC01319.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC01320.JPG
    DSC01320.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 265
Since I'm a big bag girl, I wanna say jumbo (:P) but since you're choosing between the E/W and M/L, I would pick M/L. I might be biased but I don't think medium would look too big on you at all!!! I'm also 5'1" but I don't think even jumbo or 227 look big on me. Plus, since you're getting only one Chanel, M/L will be more versatile and practical from day to evening.

Thanks all! I went back to the store to try them both on again and bought the M/L!!!.

I had them take out the paper stuffed inside the M/L and it was perfect. I think maybe that was why it felt too big before. I love it now!

Glad you found the bag that works for you. The medium/large is an excellent size flap for day and night. Also, what color, hardware, etc. did you get. Some photos would be really nice. Congrats.