East/West Bag or Classic 2.55 for Someone Petite

apags

Apr 2, 2010
I can't decide between the east/west bag or the medium classic 2.55 in black cavier. I would mainly be using it in the evening for dinners and events and also during the day for showers, luncheons etc. I'm only planning to get one chanel bag. I'm a petite girl that's 5'1''. I know the classic is timeless and versatile but the east/west bag is cute for the evening. I'm also concerned the classic may be too big for evening? Which is better?

bfali

O.G.
Oct 24, 2008
if you are only getting one, I would get classic. Have you tried the styles on??

apags

Apr 2, 2010
yes i tried them both. i like the classic especially since it's versatile but feel its a little big after trying on the east-west. then i read that the 2 are pretty much just the same size.

Jaded81

back on TPF!
O.G.
May 27, 2007
Sounds like you prefer the E/W better. Either one would be a good choice for your requirements! Another alternative would be the small flap which is one inch smaller than the m/l.

apags

Apr 2, 2010
i didn't realize there was a small flap. the SA told me it didn't exist and just showed me the mini. thanks!

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
If it's a choice between mini and e/w, you can definitely fit a lot more into the e/w.

djrr

O.G.
May 5, 2008
if you think the e/w is too big..then m/l 10" will probably be too big for you too.
i would recommend s/m as well, it's 9".

jainstein

O.G.
Oct 15, 2006
Since I'm a big bag girl, I wanna say jumbo (:P) but since you're choosing between the E/W and M/L, I would pick M/L. I might be biased but I don't think medium would look too big on you at all!!! I'm also 5'1" but I don't think even jumbo or 227 look big on me. Plus, since you're getting only one Chanel, M/L will be more versatile and practical from day to evening.

kaitylin

Aug 14, 2008
I got the small flap and I love it! It's the perfect size. I'm a lot taller than you so I imagine it will be even more perfect with your height :smile:

apags

Apr 2, 2010
Thanks all! I went back to the store to try them both on again and bought the M/L!!!.

I had them take out the paper stuffed inside the M/L and it was perfect. I think maybe that was why it felt too big before. I love it now!

peafleut

Gobby See, Gobby Do!
Jun 3, 2008
On Gobby's Paw
Glad you found the bag that works for you. The medium/large is an excellent size flap for day and night. Also, what color, hardware, etc. did you get. Some photos would be really nice. Congrats.