earrings with two different stamps on them?!

mimibajiduh

Jun 11, 2009
i bought a pair of earrings off of ebay that i just received today. i took a look at the oval stamps and to my surprise, each earring had a DIFFERENT date on them! one of them says 95A and the other one says 96P!! the 96P one seems like it was glued on. i was told that these are authentic. im thinking that maybe the oval stamp fell off of one of them and the seller attached the 96P one. i dont know what to do so i need everyones advice as this has never happened to me before!

30dkkfa.jpg

28vf487.jpg

10dtwcn.jpg

29cxdza.jpg

Last edited:
nope, nothing about the different years mentioned in the listing. this is the link to the listing. i have not contacted the seller yet because i wanted to post here first and get advice on what i should do about this.

The seller wrote:

"I purchased these in the Chanel boutique in NY 12,13 years ago. The pearl is approx. 3/4". Perfect condition except for the "cushions" on the clips. At some point I must have replaced one of them with another from my jewelry chest. They are different colors as seen in photo 2 & 3."

It looks like she did disclosed the different years (12 / 13 years ago) and did repair work, replacing from another earring, but they did not specifically point out it was the oval plaque that was replaced and from one with a different year and season. Kind of sneaky and the pictures are too blurry to see the year and season of each earring. I think you have a SNAD case if the seller is unwilling to accept return. Is that what you want.....to return them?

i really like the earrings but the different oval plates makes me a little iffy about them because like you pointed out, what if at some point i want to sell them, then i am going to have problems, you know? so i just dont know what to do now.

Well, looking at the auction, you only paid $88. If the condition was excellent or even good, they would be at least $100 to $200 more than what you paid for these earrings. If you are really uncomfortable about the different years, from a resale standpoint, then contact the seller for a return.