Earrings newbie needs your help:)

Feb 7, 2010
Already 40 years old, I will finally have my ears pierced...I am still scared but the VCF earrings are too beautiful to pass on...

Could you recommend my first pair? I have short hair, petite, and I work in a professional environment, so I want to start with something small, age appropriate, an everyday pair, and grow from there :smile:

My current VCF pieces include: socrate 3 flower necklace in WG (my current go-to), rose gold one flower Alhambra in tigers eye, and Frivole pave BTF ring in WG.

I am pretty sure that regular size frivole earrings are too large for my earlobes. I kind of like the mini, but will they look too dainty together with the socrate necklace? Also, I imagine that rose gold will look nice and low key on me, but will they look weird with my WG necklace? I kind of want to start with a non-Alahambra pair because they have less brand recognition ......:smile:

As you can see, I am too new and I don't know what to do! Any help, experience or lessons, would be greatly appreciated!

I know you are not looking for Alhambra, but the vintage sized pave are amazing! I literally wear mine every single day and they probably are one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Have you tried on the regular sized Frivole yet? They may not be as large as you think!
How do the Alhamras compare, size wise? regular>vintage>sweet? I do like their rosegold...
My girlfriend has the regular sized Frivoles...they definitely pop so I think they might be too "loud" for my work environment. I would love a paved pair down the road for weekend though!

How do the Alhamras compare, size wise? regular>vintage>sweet? I do like their rosegold...
My girlfriend has the regular sized Frivoles...they definitely pop so I think they might be too "loud" for my work environment. I would love a paved pair down the road for weekend though!

Do you live near a VCA boutique? I think heading over there and playing with all of the pieces would be your best option. From looking at the posts here, I would have not considered the pave alhambra, but as soon as I tried them in the boutique it was love at first sight. I think if you try on a few, you will know what will make your heart sing!

I recommend the Frivole wg mini as well. I wear mine constantly. I am petite with smaller features so these are perfect. I find the Vintage Alhambra looks a bit garish for every day wear, esp in professional environment. As for looking to small with your other pieces, I don't imagine that to be a problem. I wear mine with Frivole pave pendant and Cosmos large pendant.

Do you live near a VCA boutique? I think heading over there and playing with all of the pieces would be your best option. From looking at the posts here, I would have not considered the pave alhambra, but as soon as I tried them in the boutique it was love at first sight. I think if you try on a few, you will know what will make your heart sing!
I will try them for sure..just trying to have an educated mind before going into the boutique...sometimes there are too many gorgeous pieces that I get lost. Need a cool head ;)