Earrings - new european packaging no dustbag anymore??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I got some new Chanel earrings (I just couldn't resist!) and they had new packaging – before they were always packaged in silk paper and a little dust bag was hidden there to store them for travel. Now it's a black velvet/rubbery(??) packaging system but there was no small dust bag for my earrings =( I'm disappointed, I always used those dust bags for my earrings.
    Is this normal for the new packaging or did the SA forget the dustbag? *sigh*

2. It's the new way now. I actually love the new packaging/velvet cover.:smile:

3. You'd have hated the "old" packaging of just some grey foam inside the box (personally I loved it, as you could separate the earrings in the valleys of the foam so they'd not rub against each other).

4. As far as I know we never had the foam packaging in Europe?

5. This was a number of years ago. :smile:

6. Oh okay, I didn't know that, thanks! I only started buying Chanel earrings last year, so the "old" packaging was the silk paper :smile:

7. It looked like this:

Attached Files:

8. Tutu these are very beautiful! What season are they from?

9. Thank you. Um...I can't remember? I think possibly 2004 or so? Something like that give or take a few years. They were/are part of the permanent line, thus the 00V tag. :smile:

10. I have both the old and new and I much prefer the new. I think it's gorgeous. My SA gave me a pouch with the new packaging...you should ask if they have a spare pouch in the back as I'm sure they do.

11. I havent seen the new packaging could some post a pic?

12. Very pretty!!!

13. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403745803.518551.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403745837.473434.jpg

14. yep, i got my ring with new packaging too, love it. But if a little pouch goes with it, it'd be perfect !