Earrings: bezel or prong?

niry84

*єη¢Ð½Î±Î·Ñ‚є∂*šÏÎ±¢Ñ”*
Dec 3, 2009
Dear ladies i'm torn between the two options!!..i was looking for a durable pair of earring and i finally decided that i want a pair of stud diamond earrings to wear daily.
I already decided the size..they will be 0.40 each one..but i can't decide the type of the setting!

Could you please help me and suggest me on the choose!? Thank you very much in advance!!

I post the settings that i like..but please feel free to post other ones if you find something nice!!

Thankssssss again for your help!!!!!
image-361031638.jpg

image-3751050788.jpg

image-4044617647.jpg

image-2007325580.jpg

I like the last picture of the bazel setting by Brian Gavin. This setting is the same as Tiffany's DBTY studs. The other choice which I also like the same is the 4-prong. Bazel setting by Brian Gavin will lie flatter to the ear lobe. It looks nice, but the 4-prong will show the diamond better. It is your choice. Perhaps I should ask you whether you have DBTY necklace. If so, the bazel setting will be the choice to go.

Although I really like all of these, if it were me, I'd get the prong setting because it allows more light to reflect and show more sparkle-IMHO.

I think prong setting looks best for diamond studs. I think a bezel setting can make the diamond appear smaller and takes away from the diamond whereas a prong setting really showcases a diamond. I personally don't like 4 prong settings on round diamonds since it makes them look a little too square for my liking so I prefer 3 prong or 6 prong settings which enhances the roundness. I have a pair of diamond studs with a 3 prong setting and it is barely even noticeable giving all the attention to the diamond which I think is important in diamond studs. When jewelry shopping, I notice diamond studs with bigger stones than mine can look smaller because they are hidden by the setting. I think the less of the diamond that is covered by the setting, the better.

I posted a pic of my three prong studs because I think it is more complementary to a round Diamond (vs. four prongs.) Gives a much less squared-off appearance. Bezels are nice if you like a more modern look, and it also gives a larger appearance when on the ear because of the extra gold on the border.
Screen shot 2013-02-07 at 7.30.23 PM.png

You know, I really like the idea of a pair of bezel-set RB diamond studs if they're on the more modest side - there's something so understated and chic about it - with a black cashmere sweater perhaps... :biggrin:

I agree the prong setting tends to create the sensation of more light, but I think that's mostly relevant if the stone is .4 or higher.