Early Spring time in Paris - photo diary

Bienchen

H_appy
Dec 11, 2009
UK
Just wanted to share a few photos with you from our family visit to Paris last week. There's only a small reveal as it was a family visit rather than a shopping exhibition, so for those of you who just like H goodies, this thread may not be for you.

Now all I need is the lovely Tillie (or another kind soul) who will enlarge the photos :smile:

Kicking off on the afternoon of the first day after arriving by Eurostar. We went to the Jardins de Tuilerien, sadly not much in flower as Paris still had frost until about a week ago.

The paths leading to the Musee du Louvre are lined by perfectly trimmed trees in planters.

We did not visit the Louvre this time as I was accompanied by DH/DS/DD and it would have made it a really long day.

Attachments

Bienchen

H_appy
Dec 11, 2009
UK
A close up of DD and I at one of the statues in the Tuileries, before we bought some refreshments.

View from the Louvre to the Arc de Triomphe du Carroussel.

Window shopping for Easter eggs. Incidentally just round the corner from 24 FSH.

And yes, I did call in for a short browse and a small souvenir. ;)

Attachments

Bienchen

H_appy
Dec 11, 2009
UK
Day two and we crossed the Pont Alexandre III.

It links the Grand Palais with the Hotel des Invalides. And we had wonderful views of the Eiffel Tower.

We then headed off to the Maritime Museum. DH had last been in his youth but we all enjoyed it.

Attachments

tillie46

O.G.
Aug 28, 2009

BIENCHEN..........The pictures of Paris are beautiful, and this picture of you with your DD is adorable!

Bienchen

H_appy
Dec 11, 2009
UK
No Paris visit is complete without a leisurely lunch and we found a fab brasserie tucked away just a few hundred metres from the MM.

Apologies for the photo quality, we had to eat inside as it was still a bit to nippy for al fresco lunch.

As it was St Patrick's Day, I was wearing my new souvenir, a green gavroche ring.

Attachments

Bienchen

H_appy
Dec 11, 2009
UK
On our last day, we explored the suburbs before heading back home.

We visited the arboretum Vilmorin. According to our relatives, there was still snow two weeks ago and the small lake was frozen over. Now we enjoyed crocus and the first daffodils for this year.

Attachments

lanit

O.G.
May 17, 2007
Bienchen-welcome back and thank you for sharing your photos. I enjoy seeing Paris in March, and your photo with adorable DD is precious. Love the last shots of the crocus in bloom. Green suits your coloring so well-perfect for St. Pat's too. Will look great with your other carres. :flowers:

Bienchen

H_appy
Dec 11, 2009
UK
My first GM: Tours des Cles, heavily enabled by the lovely TT!!

I have also taken some detail pix.

No action shots today, we have rain but I may get her out and snuggle up with her tonight.

According to the charming SA, this colourway is flying out of their stores.

I will try to post some action shots when the weather is better and I have learned to play with acres of fine cloth ;)

Final snap of DD on metro on way back.

Thanks for letting me share!

Attachments