Early Anniversary Reveal :)

Maice

O.G.
Mar 5, 2013
Every anniversary is a pretty big deal for DH and me, since we got married very young, and not that many people gave us a chance. Over a decade later (closer to two decades now than one, actually :smile:), we're still very much together and have our beautiful DD to boot. :biggrin:

I've been trying to be more reasonable about my bag purchases and have been on a bit of a ban (with some exceptions - birthdays, Christmas, and occasions such as anniversaries), so my anniversary gift is doubly special to me this year. Besides - my gift was still at a great price, so that made me even happier! :biggrin:

We saw the bag and as mentioned, it was a GREAT deal - there's another bag, exact same color and style, at over twice the price on eBay right now! Knowing that getting such a great deal on a bag in that condition might not come again until a very long time after, DH and I decided that I could get my anniversary gift early this year. I got my anniversary gift some weeks ago, but haven't used it yet. I am doing the reveal just now.

My reveal now will be a double reveal - my anniversary gift, along with another purchase that was within acceptable ban island limits :P

Here's a sneak peek...

Attachments

• IMG_3950.JPG
    IMG_3950.JPG
    643.7 KB · Views: 1,188
  • IMG_4097.jpg
    IMG_4097.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 1,179
  • IMg_4096.jpg
    IMg_4096.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 1,165
  • IMG_4098.8.jpg
    IMG_4098.8.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 1,185
First up is my anniversary gift - a 2005 chevre Dolma Twiggy! It has such smooshy leather!

These shots are of it without any stuffing or contents. The first is with flash, and the second is without :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_4124_kindlephoto-3212930.jpg
    IMG_4124_kindlephoto-3212930.jpg
    712.9 KB · Views: 1,168
  • IMG_4125_kindlephoto-1008003.jpg
    IMG_4125_kindlephoto-1008003.jpg
    729.1 KB · Views: 1,172
Congrats! Glad that I came home earlier to see your beauty. :love:

Dolma is such a beautiful green color. I am also thinking about Dolma, Light Olive or Vert Thyme if I can find a bag at a decent price.

Next up is my 2004 Lilac Mini Classique. I was quite shocked at how small it was in real life at first... none of my wallets would fit as all my wallets were long. I bought a small wallet that would fit, and after that I realized that the Mini Classique could actually fit quite a bit (surprisingly). You just need to have a small wallet LOL :lol:

I heard that lilac was prone to fading, so I was very happy with mine. It doesn't seem particularly faded (I think).

I've really fallen in love with the older Bals... I don't have a single one I don't love :love:

Attachments

• IMG_3952.JPG
    IMG_3952.JPG
    615.6 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_4065.JPG
    IMG_4065.JPG
    488.6 KB · Views: 1,109
Congrats! Glad that I came home earlier to see your beauty. :love:

Dolma is such a beautiful green color. I am also thinking about Dolma, Light Olive or Vert Thyme if I can find a bag at a decent price.

Thank you, Catash! :biggrin: :hugs:

I'm glad you came home early too :graucho: I really love Dolma... it's a beautiful green, and it's quite versatile. :biggrin:

Finally, some pics of what can fit inside the Mini Classique. This is a special request from Sssy :biggrin:

As I mentioned, it actually fits quite a lot for its size. It fit my small wallet, my bulky Windows phone, 2 fluid sticks/lip gloss/lip stains, 1 lip polish, and my face powder. There was still some room left - you could probably fit another small wallet, or some tissue, or some keys, or a few more lip glosses in there :lol:

First pic shows my phone at the very top, my face powder under it, my wallet under the face powder, then the lip products. As you will see, there was still some space left.

The final pic shows a comparison between the Mini Classique and my DD's mini Furla. The Mini Classique is actually a bit bigger, and can fit significantly more than the mini Furla. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMAG1703.jpg
    IMAG1703.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 1,063
  • IMAG1705.jpg
    IMAG1705.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 1,042
  • IMAG1707.jpg
    IMAG1707.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 1,045
The Mini Classique is so cute!! :loveeyes:

Is this the true color of Lilac? I have seen so many faded Lilac bags and didn't even know what the true color is. What a gorgeous bag!

The Mini Classique is so cute!! :loveeyes:

Is this the true color of Lilac? I have seen so many faded Lilac bags and didn't even know what the true color is. What a gorgeous bag!

Thank you again, Catash! :smooch:

I assume it's not faded, because it is still the same color as the back of the mirror and the color seems pretty even throughout (posts 5 and 7 I think show the evenness best), but I could be wrong ;) Here are a few more shots. The back of the mirror of mini classiques really don't have the pocket... I was freaking out at first but Sssy confirmed it, so whew :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMAG1710.jpg
    IMAG1710.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 1,030
  • IMAG1709.jpg
    IMAG1709.jpg
    642.9 KB · Views: 1,011
What a wonderful story!

My husband and I are similar to you guys...we meet 27 years ago, on a blind date, and have been together ever since!! All of our friends said we wouldn't last because we fell too hard and too fast...but here we are, stronger and more in love than ever!! And, sad to say...but most of our friends from that time are divorced now. :nogood:

Anyway...beautiful reveal! Love the colors!

Time to take them all out for a night of food, drinks and dancing!!! Hubby should go too....:winkiss:

What a wonderful story!

My husband and I are similar to you guys...we meet 27 years ago, on a blind date, and have been together ever since!! All of our friends said we wouldn't last because we fell too hard and too fast...but here we are, stronger and more in love than ever!! And, sad to say...but most of our friends from that time are divorced now. :nogood:

Anyway...beautiful reveal! Love the colors!

Time to take them all out for a night of food, drinks and dancing!!! Hubby should go too....:winkiss:

Thank you, London! :biggrin: Thanks for sharing your story too! I'll think about your suggestion LOL :P ;)

Maice, they are both gorgeous! And the ćondition is amazing, they both look brand new. How many years have you been married? You are so lucky to be married to a man who understands your Bal obsession.

I am finding I only want the older Bals too. The leather is divine. Have you tried Leather Honey yet? It makes the old leather even more heavenly if you can believe it. I just sold a Mulberry for a very nice price, and have my eyes on a few oldies. I'll have to see what I can come up with and do a reveal.

Congrats again, on your man and your Bals!

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum mobile app looking for Bal 2007 Paprika ( Rouille ) City or Part a Time w/GGH, please PM me!'a