Eagerly Anticipated Tano Fonzworthy is HIDEOUS - ACK!!!

lexie, I dont expect you to love Tano or sing its praises, I just dont think that you gave a fair comparison between MBMJ and Tano in terms of the quality that you get for the money, thats all. My counter-arguement is that MBMJ are double the price. Most Tano bags retail for $199, and similar size leather bags by MBMJ sell for $398. Whats to compare there? I happen to think that Tano does an AMAZING job at what they do and they have turned their brand from nothing into something VERY VIABLE over the course of the past 5 years.

I am not a fan of Tano.. I must admit.. but 200 dollars for a leather bag is a good deal. there is no argument...

And why all the hate in this thread? I'm noticing a lot of snobbery.

And I spy a Fake Chloe... Im wondering about the green kooba now..?

I do own some imitation bags - this is never something I tried to hide. If you read back to the beginning of my posts youll see I came here because I wanted to buy nicer quality bags and stop buying lesser quality imitations in a higher quantity.

I often buy bags from baghaus.com, they make a lot of nice imitations. As you can see on that rack I have an imitation Chloe and Fendi. As I previously said that plastic LV imitation was my bosses purchase, I just still have it. She bought it because it was cheap and had tortoise looking handles that matched her sunglasses. I carried it because we have to carry epi-pens, meds, etc when we go out and they cant get wet. I never denied owning any of these things and why would I?

I have owned a couple of nice bags in the past, mainly they get passed down because they were never my choices as they came from my friend. I wouldnt have carried a purple plaid wool tote bag, a mustard colored patent waist bag, etc. I kept the green Kooba because I love the color and it holds a lot of stuff. Quite frankly I am done explaining where that bag came from and why I have it. Unless you work for Koobas design department and have seen every single mockup they have ever made then you are not going to try to convince me that its not authentic just because you havent seen one in a store. Go back to the post by someone before who had a Kooba that was never produced in the color she has. I am not the only one.

I used to work in the design group for a company and we had a showroom of possible products. We normally made 5 or so of each thing, set them up on display, and then if they didnt get picked up by a retailer we nixed the project. What would you do with those samples? We took them home and often if we had a buildup of stuff we put it on a rack and pushed it into the hall. Other offices would see the rack and take stuff. No one, even the most dedicated of all our customers, would ever see that item.

This is really a ridiculous conversation. If no one has anything to say about the thread issue at hand, make a new thread and take your conversation there.

Alexandra...You state yourself that for the money the inside lining and hardware should be better.

Lexie, thats not what I said or meant. This is what I said:

let me clarify, I think the basic HW that Tano uses is perfectly fine, like the rings, rivets and studs, but I would love to see them stamp a tiny TANO logo on some of the hardware, or develop a few beautiful signature HW pieces.

I also LOVE the bright colored linings- I would just like to see them a little more cotton-y and less nylon-y, and a feel a bit heftier.

You're not a Tano fan, and that's fine with me. Really, it is. And yes, I can agree to disagree with you.

I know that you typically go for much more expensive bags and you are used to that level of quality. But a $200 bag is not going to be the same quality as a $300 or $400 or $600 bag. Thats all Im trying to say. I dont think that your $229 MBMJ pencil case (haha) is a better value than a $199 Tano boogie bucket. Im trying very hard to be polite here but I dont like the direction in which this thread is going and so Im just going to stay off of it before Lexie and I start to "duke it out!":boxing: Thats a joke, by the way! It's back to the other (positive) Tano thread for me. ..

Wow some people are being total snobs in the thread. Why would you care if someone thinks a sample bag is a fake?

Anyway that bag does look pretty messed up. Hopefully you will find a bag you like! It's a good thing tano has a lot of style choices each season.

I love tano for the price point and I think they are great quality for the price. I've never spent more then 200 on a single tano bag and most tano don't go up to 250 in pricing. It would be nice for them eventually to revamp their hardware. I like their lining at the present and haven't had problems with the lining. My fav lining has been the purple but I'd love pink. Also their cell phone pocket could use a little more work but it is convenient. This is from someone who has spent up to 600 on single bags and plan to spend even more in the future on a BE. Tano will always have a spot in my life as a great bang for your buck bag. I really like the leather and how it wears over time and I plan to get a bag from their new spring collection.

Jeez, what a lot of sniping! Not to be the politeness police, but can't we just stop. Obviously people have different tastes in bags. Let it go and just respect other's preference even if they aren't your own.

Goodness gracious. Lexie, I thought that you were actually very tactful in what you said. And I agree, as well.

The fact of the matter is, everyone has different tastes, which is, of course, fine. That's why this forum is so big, no? Personally, I'd rather spend a little bit more money (or better yet, catch a more expensive bag on sale and get it for $200) and get the nicer-looking lining, "better" details, etc. than spend $200 for something I don't really think looks like what I think $200 should look like. If someone else loves it, I'm glad she found a purse she loves. I may even admire her bag in passing.

Unfortunately, in some threads, comments do turn toward the catty side when someone simply states, even tactfully, that they don't care for a particular brand. These are bags, y'all - is it worth getting upset about?

I'm done too Alex. But this is my original post that started this. I do in fact "sing some praises" and it's complimentary except for the quality issue. Look at the state of the one year old leather Tano make-up bag and try to understand why I am stating what I am.

Tano's have alot going for them. They have exciting vivid colors (like MnMs or a box of Crayolas)...they have neat provocative inventive names...and some of the most wild designs with something for everyone. IMO only, the thing they sorely lack is quality. I think for 200-250 they could make a better grade bag. I was much disappointed with a Tano I bought awhile back. It was a mixture of shotty craftmanship and little insignificant unfinished peices of scrap leather for zipper pulls. I really expected more for the money.

But they have their place. I picked up a cheap Tano at Luna Boston for my neice for 100 bucks. The make-up bag I have in crunch leather does look quite trashed after a year (faded and scratched...and not distressed in a good way) but for a neat looking vibrant bag, my 12 year old niece will love it and it doesn't need to last forever.

If you want a Forever bag with luscious leather that will last forever, save your pennies (or dollars) for a Prada or Chloe...and if you want a fun kick around bag that you don't expect to have in years to come, get a few Tano's to match an outfit.

You know, I bought my second Tano bag from Luna Boston, and didn't immediately fall in love with it, even though it was the style which first caught my eye (a Blossom Buddy in Blueprint Blue). It had some scratches and a corner of it looked slightly worn.

Before that I'd ordered a Kitty Crowbar from Pulse, and it was in perfect condition. It gleamed. It wasn't as prettily wrapped, but it came with a dustbag, which the Luna bag did not. I've read lots of raves here over Luna's customer service, but didn't really feel compelled to want to shop there again.

I use the Blossom Buddy every day, and toss it into a snowy stroller next to a grimy toddler, and it doesn't look any worse for wear. Since spraying on protective conditioner, it actually looks better than when I got it.

I like their lining at the present and haven't had problems with the lining. My fav lining has been the purple but I'd love pink.

The blue bag I got has hot pink lining, but love the purple I've seen online! What colour lining is in the Beaujolais bag?

I have very expensive bags and less expensive,more fun type of bags. I just got my first Tano and just love it. I have pre-ordered another spring one. I'm amazed at the quality,smell and color of this bag. I love this line.

I got the Over Extended Wallet in Beaujolais today - not excited, sending it back. This wallet was in PRISTINE condition, very pretty. Great color, no wear or tear, but unfortunately it was too small for me, and I discovered EXACTLY what my issue is with wallets. I never carry cash, maybe $10 since the deli in the town I work in only takes cash, so I am always going for cards first. A lot of wallets have the cash section first and card in the back as this one did. I dont want to dig through cash, receipts, and the change section just to get to the cards. Ech. Im too picky.

I bought a Tano bag from a boutique a few years ago and it only lasted a month maybe. I was so disappointed, I threw it in the garbage. Anyway, I've seen a couple of Liz Claiborne leather bags at TJ Maxx and they are really impressive. They're priced around $119!

I bought a Tano bag from a boutique a few years ago and it only lasted a month maybe. I was so disappointed, I threw it in the garbage. Anyway, I've seen a couple of Liz Claiborne leather bags at TJ Maxx and they are really impressive. They're priced around $119!

I got a really nice LC bag at TJM over the summer (it was a fall bag) and its fantastic. The leather is really soft and pliable but sturdy. Fits nicely over the shoulder, and I constantly get compliments and people asking if its more expensive brands. I laugh because not only was it not a "luxury brand" but it was marked down from $179 to $25!