Each doctor is recommending different procedures for my eyes (Korea revisional eye surgery)

krasgy

Apr 14, 2022
I'm getting DES as soon as possible and saw 6 clinics this week. I want to enlarge my eyes as much as possible, while keeping balance in my face. The recommended additional procedures were ptosis, front epi. lateral epi, and lower epi. But every doctor I saw recommended a different combination. And they were very adamant about it. From only des, to des + ptosis, to all of the epi comb's. Is this common? I find it difficult to chose when all the experts have such differing opinions.

Last edited:
Seems common to get different responses across clinics.

Front, lateral, lower epi will be to your preference. Some clinics may have suggested those because you had told them that you want to enlarge your eyes "as much as possible." Front epi can enlarge the eyes from the front view significantly. In addition to the medial portions of your eyes being elongated, getting vs not getting front epi in addition to DES may result in different eyeshapes created by the DES. Some people like the look, some don't. Know what you want.
Lateral and lower epi can enlarge the eyes but generally to a lesser extent than front epi, but some dr's are against the procedures due to their side effects. Again, know what you want and what risks you're willing to take.

Ptosis can be misdiagnosed in people who don't have it, and also diagnosis missed in people who do have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: krasgy
Enlarging one's eyes significantly may result in severe dry eyes, inability to close one's eyes fully, etc. Also, front, lateral, lower epi are very hard to reverse. So if you do choose to get them done, go with a reputable clinic.