E-W bays is here! Lots of pics

salikons

Mulberry Baymaniac
Mar 27, 2008
Hello
I am amased how fast the post is from Uk to Sweden sometimes.
My bags arrived this morning. As I am away off to Stockholm I just had time for a quick look and some pics for you.

I love the black one. It is a true keeper for sure but.....
I haven't made my mind up regarding the pebble one. I Love the softgrain leather and how soft she is, but the color I sometimes like and sometimes don't like. It depends on the light I think. Also I have some thoughts about the silverknob, it is quite large and seems to cut into my arm a little when carried over the shoulder. I guess time will tell. I must use her and then I will see. Now I haven't got time to take her out for a testuse, so it have to be later.

Here they both are
002.JPG

And here are all the e_w collection
011.JPG

Here comes some modellingpics, sorry for the total messup outfit, but I am packing for going away ....

005.JPG

007.JPG

And at last a comparisonpics between the color Pebble in antiqued leather mabel and soft grain e-w. Thought you might like to se the colordifference.

012.JPG

Last edited:

klp0213

Sep 2, 2008
Salikons, that's one mighty nice collection of E/W Bays you've got there! :tup:

I think the pebble is lovely, quite a warm colour and great for summer. There is quite a difference between the colour of pebble antiqued leather and the pebble soft grain leather. Still, both are lovely but it's up to you!

salikons

Mulberry Baymaniac
Mar 27, 2008
I just can't made up my mind. The pebble is geourgeous in sunlight, and in brighter light. But looks a little boring in darker light. It is surley staying until I have had time to give it a real testuse for at least two days. That usually helps. But I am leaning towards keeper, even without testuse just because it is such a great color in bright light.

looby loo

Dec 26, 2006
Great collection there Salikons however if I'm truthful the colour of the pebble E/W does not appeal to me as much as the mabel.

The black on the other hand is gorgrous!!!
I hope you make the descision for yourself and have a nice trip.

ditab

Mulberryaholic
O.G.
Dec 13, 2006
I like them both, salikons :thinking: I actually think that the Pebble would be great for rainy days as the leather should cope well it :yes:

But as you said, give it a few days and see how you feel then. I have found that my immediate reaction is usually the right one. If I have to convince myself that I love a bag, it will end up being sold sooner or later.

On the other hand, you have just bought two bags at the same time and I guess it's natural to prefer one over the other.

riffraff

Sofa King Blonde!
O.G.
Feb 4, 2007
I think they look gorgeous Salikons. I've the pebble ledbury with the same hardware so can understand what you mean about it getting in the way. If it's annoying now I don't think it's going to get any better.

Nov 1, 2008
Fantastic Salikons, I particularly love the black one, it is such a brilliant all round handbag and not too heavy to use for extended periods. It's great when you find a style that suits you and fits into your lifestyle so well. Do you still love your full size Bays and when do you use them instead of EW?