E-Ring Reset?!?!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Hi ladies,

I'm hoping to get your thoughts on this. I currently have a 3 stone e-ring. The middle diamond is a 4.04 ct light yellow radiant cut, though not totally a radiant. It has sharp corners like a princess, curved/bowed edges like a cushion, but is cut like a radiant.

I have been toying with the idea of putting it in another setting. I'm really liking the thin pave bands with no halo. Lord forgive me, but I am so drawn to Kim K's e-ring. I like that it's a low setting, has a thin pave band and I think it would be easier to pair it with a wedding band or 3.

I have tried countless bands over the years with my current setting, but nothing really works (I don't prefer the curved bands, bc I like to wear it wo the e-ring a lot).

Here she is now
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465813624.383498.jpg

Here she is on my jeweler's wife's hand (all the pics of it on my hand are on some flash drive somewhere )
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465813641.816173.jpg

Here's the loose diamond, so you can see the shape
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465813656.705042.jpg

And this is what I'm thinking about
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465813670.555656.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465813678.708498.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465813693.475664.jpg

Or......go bold, go gold w yellow pave?? I would put 2 white gold/ platinum eternity bands on either side and I'm not sure about the 3 sided dome shape, but they were the only pics I could find in yellow gold with yellow diamonds.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465813709.058852.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465813747.569082.jpg

Oops, found one!
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465813760.253137.jpg

What do you guys think? Keep what I have? Or do you like any of the options?

Thank you so much!!!

2. I love the way the side stones look with your diamond, but it's all about what you like! Why not go to your jeweler and ask him what he thinks?

3. I have to say...I love both styles, StyleEyes! Hard to tell on my monitor, is your original ring set in YG?
    Your original ring is a more traditional style whereas the pave a more current style. Too bad you can't keep your original setting and switch the stone out every few years...best of both worlds. LOL!
    Sorry...not a lot of help!

4. Thank you! I'm stilling in the thinking /ruminating stage! I still love the way it looks, but I'm really loving the solitaire mounting with pave band look right now. I would most likely keep its original setting in case I want to switch back for any reason. Or I could find another stone to put in it and wear it as a RHR, if that makes sense.

My jeweler is in New York, and I'm in Cali on travel restrictions until December (optimistically) due to health issues. So basically, I have too much time on my hands to day dream! Lol!

5. Thank Skyqueen! The center stone is set in yellow gold while the rest of the ring is platinum. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465829735.170081.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465829749.704127.jpg

That's so funny that you wrote about keeping the setting at the exact same time as I did!

6. Yes, I am liking your idea with the yellow gold and pave. Makes it look current and so different than what you have now.

StyleEyes likes this.
  7. I love your ring as it is now. The side stones are unique and really set off the center diamond. Maybe a new right hand ring in the new setting so you can keep both.

StyleEyes likes this.
  8. I feel like the yellow of the stone will stand out more if you keep the head in YG and go white metal and white pave with the rest of the ring. But I do think the current setting is pretty spectacular.

StyleEyes likes this.
  9. Beautiful yellow diamond. The very last e-ring in your post would make a lovely reset.

Incidentally, I have a yellow cz stone that's solitaire set in a palladium plain cathedral. If I could do it over, I'd choose a yellow gold setting. I feel the yellow against the setting causes the palladium to look more grayish than it actually is.

StyleEyes likes this.

10. +1

StyleEyes likes this.
  11. Super random question, but you didn't happen to be at Auberge du Soleil on Saturday, did you? I spied a lovely canary diamond at a table near mine and it looked very similar to your ring.

I like the look of the pave too.

StyleEyes likes this.
  12. I'm a big fan of this jeweler! And I am a big fan of yellow diamonds as well.

I'm currently having two projects with yellow diamond rings - one is fancy light, one is fancy vivid. One is for me and the other is for my babysitter, who I love sooooo much. They're supposed to be finished this week. They will both be double halo, but slightly different details. I will share them once they're done so you can see!

StyleEyes likes this.
  13. I do too! I'm wanting to be able to pair it with a wedding ring on the same finger and the current setting is practically impossible to find one I like with it. I tend to wear just a band or the e-ring or I put the e-ring on my right hand if I want to wear both.

Thank you!!! It's so tough to decide!

Thank you so much ame!! The more I look at rings similar to what I'm considering, I am more drawn to the white gold/white diamond pave.

Thank you for your input rainrowan!!

14. Haha, no that wasn't me ☺️ But good eye! I love looking at other ladies jewelry as well!

15. Oh yes! I would love to see them! I feel in love with yellow diamonds 10+ years ago and this jeweler makes really pretty pieces!! If I end up doing my re-set, I'll have them make me something custom!