E-ring choice, help needed please

Which E-Ring

• Pink Tourmaline and Blue Aquamarine

• Green Amethyst (the second pic)

• Green Amethyst with rose gold (fourth pic)

Results are only viewable after voting.

telavivit

O.G.
Mar 9, 2011
Hi everyone,

I need a bit of help in choosing a ring.

For the background : my boyfriend and I have been talking for a couple of months now about getting engaged and decided to officialize things now. He would like to get me a engagement ring but we are both students and don't want to go into debt over a ring. I still would like to have a nice piece of jewelry so I have decided to go with a non-diamond ring (or small diamonds for the halo, but not for the center stone).

I have found a few that I like but would love to have some additional opinions, as I am not sure which one to get. I have asked my bf to surprise me with one of the rings from the selection I made but he does not want to make the choice and prefers to make sure I get the one I like most.

I love rose gold in general and think that my wedding band will be in rose gold as well.
I think that my favorite is the first one, the pink tourmaline but I wear a lot of red nail polish and I am afraid that the colors would clash...

Thanks a lot for your input :smile: I would really appreciate some help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 2.25.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 2.25.56 PM.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 437
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 2.26.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 2.26.13 PM.png
    237 KB · Views: 443
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 2.26.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 2.26.24 PM.png
    454.6 KB · Views: 446
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 2.30.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 2.30.08 PM.png
    413.3 KB · Views: 449
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 2.26.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 2.26.02 PM.png
    379.6 KB · Views: 442
Green amethyst because it's more neutral. Rose gold if you are going with a rose gold wedding band (if it matches - rose golds can be different colors). Otherwise white gold.

The pale green should be beautiful with red nail polish.

Congrats!

Thank you for everyone's input.

Would it not be weird to have different colors for the E-ring and the wedding band though?

With pink gold and white gold I don't think so, I always wanted a Harry Winston platinum with a perlee rose gold from VCA to stack with it like another pf er has beautifully done. However I think yellow gold needs to stick with yellow gold.

It's worth bearing in mind that every type of gemstone is given a rating of hardness on the mohs scale, and if you plan to wear your ring often then you'll ideally want a gemstone with a rating of 8 as a minimum, ideally 9 or 10. Certainly 9 or 10 if you plan to wear it every day.
You can get away with softer gemstones if you're prepared to baby them, but do some research on how your chosen gemstone is know to degrade (some have certain ways in which they shatter or cleave in two) so you know how to look after it. Alternatively you can have a bezel setting but it will still be open to scratches and chips.
Diamond's score of 10 is part of the reason it became so popular as an engagement ring stone.

Here's a link with the scale x

http://www.gemselect.com/gem-info/gem-hardness-info.php

I think this is a very good suggestion and you should be able to get a ring for around the same price as these cost or a little more. But I would go with the tourmaline. I wear red nail polish a lot as well and it compliments my pieces I think. My reds tend to be yellow based as opposed to blue based reds but it works with both. Maybe you can do your nails and go try on a couple of similar colored rings and see? I think the blue is a beautiful contrast as well.

The green amethyst with rose gold is pretty as well. I just find the tourmaline feels more special and therefore more of an engagement ring.

Those are some beautiful rings. Personally I like the pink of tourmaline...I have a pendant that is more pink and less red than the photo originally linked. If your preferred polish is more brilliant red- dark red then a lighter tourmaline may give peace of mind re: clashing?