Dying your bag

linakpl

Mar 18, 2011
Hi! Has anyone ever successfully dyed a PS bag? I recently won a white Pochette and want to dye it black. I was going to bring it to Leather Spa or somewhere similar. Does anyone have any experience in this department? Thank you!

I haven't heard of anyone changing a PS bag here.. some thoughts, depending on color it might be lamb leather (not sure if it's easier to dye) and the edges has white glue, perhaps it has to be replaced..

It could be a fun project though :smile:

If you don't want the white, what about selling it on eBay and then buying yourself the black? Less risky.

I was hunting for a black one on Ebay but for some reason Pochettes aren't on Ebay as much as the other brighter colors. And then this white one popped up and was actually a lot cheaper. I read a bunch of threads on ppl who changed the colors of their bags with mixed results. I think I'll bring it to Leather Spa and see what they say. I'll post pictures if I do have them change the color. Who knows? Maybe I'll love the white and keep it, I've never owned a white bag before just because I would be too scared to get it dirty :P

I haven't heard of anyone changing a PS bag here.. some thoughts, depending on color it might be lamb leather (not sure if it's easier to dye) and the edges has white glue, perhaps it has to be replaced..

It could be a fun project though :smile:

Hehe I don't think I'm artistic or patient enough to mind all the details. Hopefully it won't be too expensive. Waiting for the bag to come now :biggrin:

I was hunting for a black one on Ebay but for some reason Pochettes aren't on Ebay as much as the other brighter colors. And then this white one popped up and was actually a lot cheaper. I read a bunch of threads on ppl who changed the colors of their bags with mixed results. I think I'll bring it to Leather Spa and see what they say. I'll post pictures if I do have them change the color. Who knows? Maybe I'll love the white and keep it, I've never owned a white bag before just because I would be too scared to get it dirty :P

Ahhhh so when you said 'won', you meant won on eBay! Sorry I was thinking you won it in a competition or something, so my advice won't have made any sense!

I think white is a great colour for a clutch. I have an off white one and it has never got dirty. You could wear it with literally everything. If you're going to leave it white make sure to spray it though in case anything ever spilled on it.

I adore the white PS's! Still, it's possible to dye it. They will most likely strip the white before applying the black.

linakpl said:
Well, my query about dying bags was pointless because the seller never sent me the bag. Now I'm waiting to get my money back from her. Grr

How disappointing. She must like the ending price. Sellers do that. Hope u get ur money back soon.