Dying florentine?

aerinha

Feb 26, 2012
antone have experience with redying florentine? Considering buying a cheap stained natural flo and fixing it up to be a travel bag. Looking for tips and advice. TIA!

antone have experience with redying florentine? Considering buying a cheap stained natural flo and fixing it up to be a travel bag. Looking for tips and advice. TIA!
I just saw pics of a Natural Flo Leather Stanwich that was beat up and stained. A woman used Angelus Acrylic Leather Paint on it. Transformed into a lovely pink Stanwich. Amazing!

I just saw pics of a Natural Flo Leather Stanwich that was beat up and stained. A woman used Angelus Acrylic Leather Paint on it. Transformed into a lovely pink Stanwich. Amazing!

Hello fellow Looney, lol! I saw that same post as well! I would shy away from any paints though, even those made for leather. There WILL eventually be cracking and peeling happening. I would suggest a dye instead. I've had great success in dying natural leather! It just sucks it right up. Let it dry, add a coat of leather conditioner and let dry completely and you're good to go! Try to find a bag that hasn't had any protectant put on it that would stop the dye from penetrating the leather and make it blotchy. Good luck!

Hello fellow Looney, lol! I saw that same post as well! I would shy away from any paints though, even those made for leather. There WILL eventually be cracking and peeling happening. I would suggest a dye instead. I've had great success in dying natural leather! It just sucks it right up. Let it dry, add a coat of leather conditioner and let dry completely and you're good to go! Try to find a bag that hasn't had any protectant put on it that would stop the dye from penetrating the leather and make it blotchy. Good luck!

LOL! Yes, we are all over. I agree. I would be afraid of a fully painted bag although it might be a fun project to try on an inexpensive bag. On another note, I have seen some stunning tattoos on bags. Folks have painted designs to camouflage a stain. Pretty nice looking designs.

What brand of dye do you use? Although with a second hand bag there is no way to tell if it was protected or not n

LOL! Yes, we are all over. I agree. I would be afraid of a fully painted bag although it might be a fun project to try on an inexpensive bag. On another note, I have seen some stunning tattoos on bags. Folks have painted designs to camouflage a stain. Pretty nice looking designs.

I thought about doing a fancy spot on it to cover but the worst spot is on the back.