Dyed my Elliott Lucca over the weekend. Very happy with the results

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I used the Tarrago Dye #117 Fawn. It worked great and saved my bag from the trash/Goodwill pile. I am new to tPF and never posted before and appreciate all of the advice I have gotten here.

before-1.jpg

finished-3.jpg

coat1-1.jpg

detail-2.jpg

2. I hand brushed on the dye with a small paint brush to get into all the crevices of the braiding details. I followed the directions with the sponge applicator and used three coats of dye on the entire bag. It was a very even color and came out great. I have a few more pics of the process. If anyone is interested I will post the few others I have.
    The color looks a bit orange-y in the pics but it isn't, it's a nice rich brown as shown below.

color.jpg

3. awesome! very inspiring!

4. wow great job!

5. yes, please post. How long did it take you total? Was it hard to get even coverage? Is it a very messy process? I'm considering a dyeing project coming up.

6. You did an awesome job!

7. That color is gorgeous! You did such a great job :biggrin:
    I love seeing handbag before+after dye jobs

8. Some additional photos of the project. The first coat went on kind of splotchy and I thought I was in trouble but the second and third coat really made it look great. I MAY have been able to do two coats but I had plenty of dye and wanted an even color, which it totally is.
    It is not a messy process BUT I did wear kitchen gloves because my hands would have been trashed otherwise. But no dripping or spilling for me.
    It took me a total of about 3 or 4 hours and about 1/3 or 1/2 of the time was working the dye into the crevices of the braiding. VERY tedious but I had great tunes and just rocked out while working. You can even see in one picture that I hadn't completed the covering in the crevices yet but it is totally covered in brown now.
    detail-2.jpg

coat1-2.jpg
    One coat - see the splotching

finished-2.jpg
    Final coat - perfect and even

detail-1.jpg
    one coat of the braided area

finished-1.jpg
    Final coat - did fill in the voids

9. Lovely rich colour. Well done, great job.

10. You did a great job, the color looks amazing and rich!

11. great job! I love the tarrago dyes. they realy do a good job. I did a MJ awhile back and it still looks great. congrats!

12. You did an amazing job! I have a bag on the way that I am considering dyeing....did you use the Tarrago kit?

13. Yes. The Tarrago #117 Fawn. I ordered it from Amazon.com

14. Super job! An inspiration to anyone who wants to save their bag!:woohoo:

15. I am so impressed, as I really get the heebie jeebies about doing something like that.