dvf sizing

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am so mad at myself for not pre-ordering the dvf dress I really wanted and now they don't have my size (6). I tried on a couple of dvf dresses in a store last weekend and in those styles the 8 was too big... Do you think the same will apply to the dress I want? I found a substitute but I am afraid the coloring will be too loud. So first -these are the dress styles that were too big in 8
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    and this is the one I want
    [​IMG]
    But they don't have 6, only 8

Do you think I should order this other color of the dress or do you think this is very loud (I think I would feel uncomfortable with that but maybe in the spring everyone will be wearing this color and I will blend in?
    [​IMG]

2. The dress I am looking for is not even on dvf.com but I found another dress there (as opposed to saks where I was looking and hoping to get the 100 gift card). I like these
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Which do you like better - one of these or the orange? Or do you think I could get the first one in 8?

3. I love the orange. It has been a big color this spring.

4. Ok after posting this I searched the net and found the first kimono dress on net-a-porter in my size!

5. THanks - I like that the orange is silk. The dvf dresses I tried on were silk and were amazing. The light dress I like is linen blend

6. That white dress is great! I find that DVF is pretty consistent with her sizing, so I would say you made the right call in holding out for your size.

7. DVF runs true to size but sometimes the styles run large.

8. i actually find dvf one of the most inconsistent brands i've ever bought - at one point i had dresses in P, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 that all fit (at the same time) :noggin:

9. glad you found your dress! i've found dvf to run pretty true to size...

10. I'm totally the same way w/ DVF! for some reason my closet is filled with 0, 2, 4, 6 all of which fit me perfect :shrugs: I'm usually a consistent size 2...