DVF or Marc Jacobs?

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hello all!

I am trying to decide between these 2 dresses....any advice would be greatly appreciated:

Diane Von Furstenberg
V0475539908507_v1_m56577569831201965.jpg

Marc Jacobs
V0447736817128_v1_m56577569831205710.jpg

mmm both dresses are very busy, for my opinion I would have to know your height,? is this for a special occasion ? Visually I like the DVF a little, just not wild about the color blocking . MJ visually is a no for me.

i totally love the MJ one.... y? because the colour is GREAT! very summer looking, plus (i know its only a pic) but i think the MJ one would be much easier to move around in.... oh its just so cute!!! :smile:

Pradasmeadow said:
mmm both dresses are very busy, for my opinion I would have to know your height,? is this for a special occasion ? Visually I like the DVF a little, just not wild about the color blocking . MJ visually is a no for me.

Well, I am about 5'3" and I am trying to get out of my comfort zone in terms of color and print (I usually wear solids or blacks). It isn't for a particular occassion...just feel like this will be the year of the dress for me...hehe. I like the shape of the DVF, but I think the Marc would be more fun to wear in the summer.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
LOVE the MJ one, I'm a big fan of empire waist dresses and tops!
TOTALLY fun in teh summer!
OOOOH, what bag would you carry?

Oh, I didn't even think about the bag for the Marc dress. I have a really pretty turquoise leather tote from Kate Spade. Maybe that's too much color. Hmm....need to think about that one....maybe a cute straw bag.

SuLi said:
Well, I am about 5'3" and I am trying to get out of my comfort zone in terms of color and print (I usually wear solids or blacks). It isn't for a particular occassion...just feel like this will be the year of the dress for me...hehe. I like the shape of the DVF, but I think the Marc would be more fun to wear in the summer.

Then I would suggest the MJ at your height (which is very cute ) you can do with out all the fuss, the DVF will over power you.

I hope this helps you Suli

Good luck !

i definitely say the marc jacobs....i have the top version of that dress and being petite (im' 5'1) it's incredibly flattering, totally cute in the summer and just makes u feel good ( can u tell i love love love marc? :love:)