Duty calculator.. 800 USD no duties & taxes

Good news for US consumers.

Starting March 10, 2016, imports of merchandise up to USD 800

will be allowed into US free from duties & taxes.

The Tradae Faciliation & Trade Enforcement act of 2015 raises the

de minimes threshold for low value shipments. Section 901

amends the Trade Tariff Act of 1930 to raise the limit on

amount of exemption from USD 200 to USD 800

This from duty calculator.

Lucky you! ANY product you import here, doesn't matter how small the price, and you pay 30% import taxes.

Hi there, I have a question about duties and taxes if anyone can please assist...
I am travelling from Australia to USA in a week or so but want to order a handbag from Poland to be delivered to USA, where I'll be staying. The hand bag is about $855.00. Will I have to pay anything extra? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You : )

Hi there, I have a question about duties and taxes if anyone can please assist...
I am travelling from Australia to USA in a week or so but want to order a handbag from Poland to be delivered to USA, where I'll be staying. The hand bag is about $855.00. Will I have to pay anything extra? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You : )
Have you checked that the company you intend to purchase from will do this? Are you sure it will get to you before you leave?

Thanks for your reply vernis-lover. The company Vitkac is impossible to get through to. They don’t respond to emails or answer the phone. I heard they are associated with Farfetch to see if they can liaise with them about purchase but it’s all looking pretty bleak. As for the import duties, I think it’s 2000 as based on this https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases
Thanks again, Sues
Why would you want to do business with a company that (in your own words) is "impossible to get through to" and "they don’t respond to emails or answer the phone?"

is the item so HTF that they're the only one who has it?

If I were the buyer, I'd do business with a more responsive company/seller and I'd also let them know why they're losing an $855 sale.

JMHO.

Why would you want to do business with a company that (in your own words) is "impossible to get through to" and "they don’t respond to emails or answer the phone?"

is the item so HTF that they're the only one who has it?

If I were the buyer, I'd do business with a more responsive company/seller and I'd also let them know why they're losing an $855 sale.

JMHO.
Yes situation is bleak as I said because I won’t buy without better customer service. My HG Bal bag is 1/2 price otherwise I wouldn’t be whining about this. If Farfetch was a sister company and if they were able to access bag for same price I’d go that route because they are responsive and helpful. But they are not related in that way. Anyone googling Vitkac will likely see this and be wary

Thanks for your reply vernis-lover. The company Vitkac is impossible to get through to. They don’t respond to emails or answer the phone. I heard they are associated with Farfetch to see if they can liaise with them about purchase but it’s all looking pretty bleak. As for the import duties, I think it’s 2000 as based on this https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases
Thanks again, Sues

Many US based buyers purchase items from overseas. Japan is a very popular seller of designer goods. Duties can be hit and miss and many buyers report that they have received items well over $800 and not been charged duties. You may get lucky because your item is so close to the threshold. Sometimes the shipper collects brokerage fees as well. Your best chance is that it is that the item gets handed over to USPS for final delivery. Good luck.

Farfetch includes duty charges to the US on their invoice when you check out. That is all you should pay.
The information can be found on the Farfetch website.

DUTIES & TAXES
We include the cost of taxes and duties in your order, so you won’t need to pay any additional fees if you are located in any of the locations below:

European Union, Canada, Brazil, China, Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Switzerland, Singapore, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Qatar, Israel, India, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Thailand, U.A.E, Japan, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey, San Marino, and Mexico.

If you are ordering from within your own customs zone or country, import duties will not be applicable however you may need to pay VAT or local sales taxes. For the UK and the USA, these are included at the final stage of checkout.

If a DAP (Delivery At Place) destination is selected (i.e. customers outside of the countries listed above), the price you pay to Farfetch will exclude all relevant import duties and sales taxes. As the recipient of the order, you must instead pay these duties and taxes directly to our carrier to release your order from customs. As we are unable to advise the exact amount, we recommend contacting your local customs office or tax authority before placing a DAP order.

SHIPPING TO USA

Items being shipped to the USA will have tax added at the final stage of checkout.

Farfetch includes duty charges to the US on their invoice when you check out. That is all you should pay.
The information can be found on the Farfetch website.

DUTIES & TAXES
We include the cost of taxes and duties in your order, so you won’t need to pay any additional fees if you are located in any of the locations below:

European Union, Canada, Brazil, China, Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Switzerland, Singapore, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Qatar, Israel, India, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Thailand, U.A.E, Japan, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey, San Marino, and Mexico.

If you are ordering from within your own customs zone or country, import duties will not be applicable however you may need to pay VAT or local sales taxes. For the UK and the USA, these are included at the final stage of checkout.

If a DAP (Delivery At Place) destination is selected (i.e. customers outside of the countries listed above), the price you pay to Farfetch will exclude all relevant import duties and sales taxes. As the recipient of the order, you must instead pay these duties and taxes directly to our carrier to release your order from customs. As we are unable to advise the exact amount, we recommend contacting your local customs office or tax authority before placing a DAP order.

SHIPPING TO USA

Items being shipped to the USA will have tax added at the final stage of checkout.
Thank you livethelake - I wish I was purchasing from Farfetch but it is not a sister company of the organisation that has the bag I want. Sadly..

Many US based buyers purchase items from overseas. Japan is a very popular seller of designer goods. Duties can be hit and miss and many buyers report that they have received items well over $800 and not been charged duties. You may get lucky because your item is so close to the threshold. Sometimes the shipper collects brokerage fees as well. Your best chance is that it is that the item gets handed over to USPS for final delivery. Good luck.
Thank you northerndancer - useful info to know!