Duty | Tax | Customs for International shopping {VAT refund}

I have bought many Chanel bags overseas and never paid coming back to NY. I will say not to have him scream Chanel with tons of bags as it will cause more attention. Hopefully he will be waved through.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
DH will be traveling to Spain for work and I'm hoping to take advantage by having him buy me some bags :smile: Can someone clarify a few things for me?
1. If he purchases from LV and goes to the Global Blue counter for processing does he still have to go to the customs desk first to get a stamp? Or does the Global Blue take care of everything? We went to Iceland last year and I don't remember having to go through 2 lines.
2. If he purchases from both LV and Chanel does he have to go through both the Global Blue and the Premier counter, or will one of them take care of all your purchases?
3. Anyone familiar with Barcelona's airport know if you check in for your flight first, or do your VAT refund first?
Thanks!

Hi guys, if I submitted several refunds is it possible for the refund to come at different times? I have 6 total and 2 went through last week...just want to make sure the rest is ok too. Thank you!

Hi everyone,
DH will be traveling to Spain for work and I'm hoping to take advantage by having him buy me some bags :smile: Can someone clarify a few things for me?
1. If he purchases from LV and goes to the Global Blue counter for processing does he still have to go to the customs desk first to get a stamp? Or does the Global Blue take care of everything? We went to Iceland last year and I don't remember having to go through 2 lines.
2. If he purchases from both LV and Chanel does he have to go through both the Global Blue and the Premier counter, or will one of them take care of all your purchases?
3. Anyone familiar with Barcelona's airport know if you check in for your flight first, or do your VAT refund first?
Thanks!

1. Global blue will not take care of everything. Getting a customs stamp and getting the refund from a 3rd party (like global blue) are completely separate

2. He will have to go to both counters

3. U can check in for your flight before u get to the airport. Do you mean drop off your luggage at the ticket counter? U get ur refund after passing thru security

1. Global blue will not take care of everything. Getting a customs stamp and getting the refund from a 3rd party (like global blue) are completely separate

2. He will have to go to both counters

3. U can check in for your flight before u get to the airport. Do you mean drop off your luggage at the ticket counter? U get ur refund after passing thru security

Thank you!