Duties from Indonesia to US

MsCandice

O.G.
Jul 5, 2009
Does anyone know if there are any duties for items being shipped from Indonesia to the US? The item is valued at over $1000. I've been trying to research but haven't had much luck.

Thought it might be helpful to update this thread for future reference for someone. I ended buying a bag on Bonanza that was shipped from Indonesia to the US. I didn't pay any duties on the shipment, so it seems there are no duties for importing from Indonesia to the US. I think duties (where applicable) are assessed on goods that cost above $200. On the package the seller put a value of $1000 so if duties were going to be assessed from Indonesia they should have been. The package was shipped by EMS, which took longer than I thought it would have. I got worried that the package might be lost but in the end everything was just fine. Below is the timeline. HTH

Attachments

• delivery.jpg
    delivery.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 65
Does anyone know if there are any duties for items being shipped from Indonesia to the US? The item is valued at over $1000. I've been trying to research but haven't had much luck.

Did USPS deliver the parcel? They don't seem to collect customs charges even when they might be due.

Fedex, however, is a different story and you would likely have been charged.