Dusty Lilac Leather

C-Mo

O.G.
Jul 15, 2009
Ladies,

I was hoping you could tell me how your DL bags are holding up? denim transfer, scratches, etc? I had an eggplant MAM sometime ago and while I loved the glazed distressed leather I was constantly cleaning it and eventually the leather wore down on one corner of the bag. Its been in a dustbag since, wish there was some way to repair it....:sad:

Anyway, I'm thinking of another MAM and DL is calling me.

TIA!

I have a DL MAC, and the leather is kinda flaked at the corners - but I did drop it a couple of times. Denim transfer isn't so much of a problem, but yea, the leather is a little less durable than old school, thick, pebbled leathers, but if you treat it carefully it should be ok.

Hi! I had a DL MAC for a little while (I've sold it since). I loved this color, but yes, I noticed that the piping on the corners wore much quicker than I would have liked, even with infrequent use :sad: No issues with denim transfer at all, though. And the color is soooo pretty... the leather broke in really nicely too, buttery and soft.

HTH! :biggrin:

I have the MAM and have used it a handful of times. I have not experienced any denim transfer or the scuffed piping that the others are mentioning. I'm always careful with my bags so maybe this is why I have not had any issues? I think a DL MAM is sooooo pretty. It was my alternative to the orchid MAM because it is darker in color and in my opinion less prone to stains. If you are able to get a good deal on it I'd say go for it.

Thanks so much! Good to hear that staining is not so much of an issue. It got to the point I was cleaning my eggshell MAM weekly. Here's a shot of what happened to the corner where the leather wore off and the piping showed through. And I'm not hard on my bags. I think that corner was weak and actually the bag was pretty heavy with the siggy hw. I don't want that to happen again!

Attachments

• mam.jpg
    mam.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 418
Thanks so much! Good to hear that staining is not so much of an issue. It got to the point I was cleaning my eggshell MAM weekly. Here's a shot of what happened to the corner where the leather wore off and the piping showed through. And I'm not hard on my bags. I think that corner was weak and actually the bag was pretty heavy with the siggy hw. I don't want that to happen again!

Omg, that's horrible, OP!! :wtf: :sad: Okay, no, the wear on my corners was NOTHING even close to that. I was just referring to slight, slight scuffs on the piping on my DL MAC... it was hardly noticeable; I'm just pretty OCD/paranoid when it comes to my bags! :biggrin:

I think a DL MAM would be gorgeous, and the color is not nearly as high-maintenance as Eggshell, I would imagine. So sorry that happened to your beautiful MAM! This is not typical of RM MAMs at ALL so I would definitely try again!!