Dust bag storage

suntenya

Dec 1, 2013
Hello! I am new to the Coach forum. I have been over at the Dooney & Bourke forum. But I have a few Coach bags as well that I am in love with!

I apologize if someone has already talked about this, but when I did a forum search I didn't find anything on the topic.

How do you ladies store your bags? The white dust bag Coach gives you with the bags is nice, but I wonder if it is bad that it isn't a breathable material? I know some leathers, especially croc embossed ones, can get dry and crack easily. So should the bags be put in plain white cotton pillowcases? What do you ladies do?

Thanks! :smile:

I store mine in their dust bags. The leather can breathe, just make sure you keep them stored out of extreme heat or cold. If I don't have a particular dust bag, I use a pillow case.

I store mine in their dust bags. The leather can breathe, just make sure you keep them stored out of extreme heat or cold. If I don't have a particular dust bag, I use a pillow case.
Thanks! And out of direct light too, right? I have heard horror stories about light causing leather to fade and the color to change.

Hello! I am new to the Coach forum. I have been over at the Dooney & Bourke forum. But I have a few Coach bags as well that I am in love with!

I apologize if someone has already talked about this, but when I did a forum search I didn't find anything on the topic.

How do you ladies store your bags? The white dust bag Coach gives you with the bags is nice, but I wonder if it is bad that it isn't a breathable material? I know some leathers, especially croc embossed ones, can get dry and crack easily. So should the bags be put in plain white cotton pillowcases? What do you ladies do?

Welcome! I'm new to Coach, too.

I just got my first Coach but I plan to use the dust bag when it's off season. I'm not someone who will rotate bags daily or even weekly--my Madison hobo will be my daily bag, so no need to store until I switch colors for the seasons. But when I do store, I think the Coach dustbag is fine. I also plan to condition mine, which will help avoid cracking. Have you done reveal for your Coach bags?

There is a thread I started named "Let's share organizing tips." I wish I knew how to post a link.... Anyhow there are pictures and everything....

I feel stupid but I did a search for threads with that title and tried a few different variations, but couldn't find it. Can someone link it, or give me a keyword in one of the posts that may pull it up? Sounds like a useful thread!

Welcome! I'm new to Coach, too.

I just got my first Coach but I plan to use the dust bag when it's off season. I'm not someone who will rotate bags daily or even weekly--my Madison hobo will be my daily bag, so no need to store until I switch colors for the seasons. But when I do store, I think the Coach dustbag is fine. I also plan to condition mine, which will help avoid cracking. Have you done reveal for your Coach bags?
I haven't done a reveal yet! I just got the borough bag in oxblood which I saw a lot of people posted already. Then I have the madison carrie with the kisslock in the cognac croco and black violet. I love them all! My older Coach bags are a chelsea carryall in the ruby red and the two tone in nude and port.

I store mine in coach dust bags - I even store my Dooney in my coach dust bags - them big blue was wayyyy to big

I'm not sure what the fiber is in the fabric of the Coach dust bags, (polyester? nylon?) but it is a woven fabric, so there's no problem with the air not getting through. Plus there's that opening on top which could be left open for more air circulation if needed.