Dust bag question!

I'm glad others received the white dust bag. On previous threads ppl were saying the black dust bags were authentic and the white was not!
i think in the past, there were fake chanel dustbags that just happened to be white. this season, chanel has come out with a dust bag that's a kind of velvety/felt-like material that's really really nice, and has a caricature of coco chanel on it.

tea4two said:
So true about Chanel's dustbags or lack of them. For my new WOC, which I don't store in the box it came with (storing in boxes takes up too much space ) , I ended up placing it in a Prada shoe bag ( which came with the shoes). Since I wasn't using the bag for the shoes, I decided to repurpose the bag! :smile: The WOC fits perfectly in it!
I would send a pic , but I a new to the forum so I am still trying to figure out attachments!!

Great idea, I will use my Gucci shoe dust bags! I have 2 unused shoes & 1 Burberry one for my next WOC :smile:

When I purchased my maxi classic, I was given only the white dust bag. I didn't even have the felt bag to protect the inside flap! Bummer. I asked my SA @ Bloomie to send me a felt bag and a black dust bag, but she only sent me the felt bag and said the store ran out of the black dust bag. Double bummer, cause I wanted to have a black dust bag for traveling and for the price I paid (close to 6k) I felt another dust bag was not a big deal. So here's what I did. I personally went to the store several days later and asked my SA for the dust bag. She literally had to "sneak one out" for me, as if afraid to get caught by the manager. Don't you think it's so ridiculous? IMO, with the price point that Chanel tries to position itself (closer to Hermes and above LV), I would think they could provide better service. But after reading so many threads about poor quality, customer service and even product knowledge, it's kind of a turn off.

When I purchased my maxi classic, I was given only the white dust bag. I didn't even have the felt bag to protect the inside flap! Bummer. I asked my SA @ Bloomie to send me a felt bag and a black dust bag, but she only sent me the felt bag and said the store ran out of the black dust bag. Double bummer, cause I wanted to have a black dust bag for traveling and for the price I paid (close to 6k) I felt another dust bag was not a big deal. So here's what I did. I personally went to the store several days later and asked my SA for the dust bag. She literally had to "sneak one out" for me, as if afraid to get caught by the manager. Don't you think it's so ridiculous? IMO, with the price point that Chanel tries to position itself (closer to Hermes and above LV), I would think they could provide better service. But after reading so many threads about poor quality, customer service and even product knowledge, it's kind of a turn off.

Absolutely, it's so ridiculous!! Talking about felt bag, I just purchased 2 jumbos . The beige caviar has a felt bag, but not the dark pink patent. However, the SA who served me gave me the extra white dust bag since she said they are ran out of the black. She suggested me to go to Seattle -where I live- asking for the black dust bag. I found out today the extra white dust bag she gave me is for medium/large size since it doesn't fit my jumbos* bummer :sad: I also got the black dust bag ( usually for Chanel necklace) to store my wallet. Planning to visit Chanel store this weekend to ask for the felt bag. Since we pay for the bag, I think we have the right to ask for everything come with it. :biggrin: Anw, sorry to hear your bad experience at Bloomie!