Dusica Dusica

elisian

vintage queen
Oct 16, 2014
Didn't see a thread for them... am I the only one who loves their shoes?

Italian company, all their shoes are handmade and hand-stitched in Italy (!). They have unique slightly-grungy urban styles, a cute boutique in SoHo and a truly awful website. Most shoes in the 400-800 range.

This season is a little disappointing to me but I do love these boots: http://shop.dusicadusica.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=863

I'll post my little Dusica collection soon but first I'm curious to hear about / ogle yours :smile:

Oh yikes! Just me?!

Okay, I'll be the evangelist of a kind... here's my Dusica family. All three are from the more feminine, less industrial Dusica Sacks Kotur (Couture) line:

Booties: basic taupe platform lace-up boots with a twist: a cylindrical heel (!), super-stable, and the whole thing is super-soft lambskin. Incredibly comfortable. I like that the platform is enunciated so it's not like those Jeffrey Cambell "giant hoof" shoes.

Pumps: calf-hair (unshaved! nuts) with either a sort of lizard or snake skin lining on the heels. I love the details, like suede in the back of the sole where it meets your ankle for comfort, and pads for the balls of your feet inside the lining.

Boots: tall super-soft grey suede (I used a boot shaper for the photo) and leather accent at heel. They have the signature goofy Dusica spongy outersole which is surprisingly comfy to walk on!

I'm sure there are ladies with larger collections though this certainly is a different style than Manolos. In fact the edginess of these shoes is pretty subtle, like the neutral tones - but in the designer details and quality, they're very impressive.

ETA: The interface isn't letting me attach photos right now, why is that? :sad: I'll try again in the AM.

Last edited:
Yikes, I forgot to update this! Here they are. xD Pardon the quick snaps in artificial lighting!

I was reminded of my love for this brand when they emailed about their Thanksgiving sale... all FW2014 collections are currently 50% off. (!) Some of the classic things are sold out in basic black but overall the selection is still great. Lots of amazing handsewn-in-Italy boots now in the $300-400 range.

Attachments

• all shoes.jpg
    all shoes.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 67
  • boots.jpg
    boots.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 64
  • bootie.jpg
    bootie.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 67