Durability of python bags

Anyone with experience with python bags. Do the scales lift after awhile of using the bag? Are you happy with python bag or would you not buy another one? TIA

Hi Implusive! I have a passion for python - I can not get enough ofit and unfortunately here in California we cannot buy it so I have to go out of state to get it. I have never had a problem with an of my python purses. I completely and totally baby them at home but I do not when I am out. If I had to baby it when I was out I wouldn't use it. I hope you find what you want!!!

BY the way my oldest python is about 10 years and still looks perfect!

Last edited:
Hi Implusive! I have a passion for python - I can not get enough ofit and unfortunately here in California we cannot buy it so I have to go out of state to get it. I have never had a problem with an of my python purses. I completely and totally baby them at home but I do not when I am out. If I had to baby it when I was out I wouldn't use it. I hope you find what you want!!!

Good to know stylemechanel. I've been lusting over a python flap or stingray skin boy :smile:

Thank you so much stylemechanel. I appreciate your expertise. Happy Holidays!

I love python. It's so lightweight, luxurious and exotic. Because of its scales, it shows off colors more beautifully than other materials.

Like the other poster living in California, I can't buy it in my own state, so every purchase is fraught with trouble and extremely precious.

In terms of care, I find python easier to take care of than say "lambskin" b/c with python, you don't need to take care of it at all.

I carry mine with care, and when it's home, I put it in its original dustbag. That's it. Simple.

I also like python bags and use mine regularly. On some of them, the scales may lift just a bit but they are still beautiful and do not peel off. Others of mine definitely are completely flat so it just depends on the individual bag and how large the scales are. The only thing to be mindful of is what you wear with your python bag. The texture of the scales can "rub" or snag on delicate knits and silks.

Reactions: mockey999