Durability of Damier Infini?

camhabib

O.G.
Oct 27, 2007
So the time is upon me for a new wallet after almost 8 years with my trusty Pocket Organizer. The stitching is falling out, glaze is worn off, and the canvas has started to crack, meaning it'll cost less to replace than it will to repair. I stopped by my local store and settled on the Slender Wallet. The only question that remains is which leather?

The options are between Taiga and Damier Infini. I like the Damier Infini a bit more, but I'm worried about the durability of it. I'm not so much concerned with scuffs and scrapes (I really do think it adds character), but I don't baby my daily carry items, and don't want the wallet lasting me only a few years before becoming worn or stretched out beyond use.

Any feedback on how the leather has held up over use? Any comparisons to the Taiga leather in terms of durability and longevity? Thanks!

So the time is upon me for a new wallet after almost 8 years with my trusty Pocket Organizer. The stitching is falling out, glaze is worn off, and the canvas has started to crack, meaning it'll cost less to replace than it will to repair. I stopped by my local store and settled on the Slender Wallet. The only question that remains is which leather?

The options are between Taiga and Damier Infini. I like the Damier Infini a bit more, but I'm worried about the durability of it. I'm not so much concerned with scuffs and scrapes (I really do think it adds character), but I don't baby my daily carry items, and don't want the wallet lasting me only a few years before becoming worn or stretched out beyond use.

Any feedback on how the leather has held up over use? Any comparisons to the Taiga leather in terms of durability and longevity? Thanks!

I have 4 pieces in infini

A belt - I like it. No one can even tell its LV - I forgot the model of it. Detroit belt I think?

Loafers - i like them but the bottom studs wore down

2 wallets: the multiple wallet in cosmos - I like it! But wouldn't dare put it in my tight jeans pocket anymore as its wrinkled quite a bit already ImageUploadedByPurseForum1416868727.943362.jpg

And the pocket organizer in black (onyx) -- I regret this item SO much

I got the infini black pocket organizer as my go to going out wallet - within a month of use, it looks 10 years old. The leather on the inside is all marked up from the opposite side when it closes, the exterior is all wrinkled in the corners and the imprint is fading. The sealant is also cracking in multiple spots. It looks very old and worn after being used minimally. When in jean pockets - it gets hot and the leather gets sooo soft and kind of molds to your cards and destroys the shape of the wallet. Idk why they made something you put in your pocket with such fragile material leather. I regret it where as I love my canvas and epi ones. If you get the infini don't put it in a tight, warm pocket

I got the infini black pocket organizer as my go to going out wallet - within a month of use, it looks 10 years old. The leather on the inside is all marked up from the opposite side when it closes, the exterior is all wrinkled in the corners and the imprint is fading. The sealant is also cracking in multiple spots. It looks very old and worn after being used minimally. When in jean pockets - it gets hot and the leather gets sooo soft and kind of molds to your cards and destroys the shape of the wallet. Idk why they made something you put in your pocket with such fragile material leather. I regret it where as I love my canvas and epi ones. If you get the infini don't put it in a tight, warm pocket

I really appreciate the feedback, it was the kind of first hand experience I was looking for. That was exactly my concern with the leather, but I wasn't sure if it was sturdier than I was assuming. Thanks!

I really appreciate the feedback, it was the kind of first hand experience I was looking for. That was exactly my concern with the leather, but I wasn't sure if it was sturdier than I was assuming. Thanks!

Np! I'm sure I would love it on a bag, but for a wallet not so much.

Also my cards always move around a bit in the pocket organizer. I find that I have to push them back into place often

My boyfriend has an Infini wallet and it's almost 2 years old. So far, no problems with scratching, peeling, or wrinkling at all. He isn't rough or too careful with it either. I'd say moderate use in his jeans and whatnot, and it's held up very well so far.

Have you considered epi leather? My husband has an epi wallet and he only carries it in his pocket. The leather is so structured that he has had no issues with it bending/creasing.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! So far, it seems like the Taiga is the bet choice as far as durable leather goes.

The one thing I'm worried about is that I've read a bit about the interior of the Taiga wallets peeling after some time. I've heard one or two accounts of this being fixed on new wallets, but I also have seen some fairly recent pictures showing the damage. Any idea on this?

Reactions: Dayshine90