Durability of bags

Astrid

Dec 14, 2007
I'm looking to get my first Coach bag, but as i'm over in the UK its a bit more tricky. I can't get down to the new store at terminal 5 until August and really dont' want to wait that long. Until then i've been looking at the UK ebay site as I want to avoid custom charges if I can.

There are a few bags up at the moment that I have my eye on:

Legacy Tote in gold
Coach legacy Canvas (style number 10829) in green and white.

Both are great summer bags and would go down a treat when i'm in Bermuda on holiday but I live in Scotland and lately we've had sun, snow and rain all in one day so i'm a bit concerned about the durability of them should they get wet.

Can anyone offer any advice on this?

I don't have either of those bags so I'm not real sure.... the cupcake in your avatar looks so beyond delicious though haha! Good luck getting some more advice!

I don't have these bags, but I have had pretty good experience with the durability of bags. I am in OR and it rains 8 out 12 months a year here, all of my bags are in good condition!

Right, so canvas seems to have a bit of a problem with fraying on certain models. You could do a thread search to find out more... I know there's leather protector for leather, but I don't know how well that works with metallic... sorry!

Thank you for weighing in on the matter, i'm so glad I found this place as it always helps getting the opinions of others.

I decided not to go with the canvas, while it is a good summer bag it was too small for me, I prefer larger bags to fit everything into.

After going backwards and forwards i've decided to try and win the straw legacy tote as its nice and big, and as long as I keep it out of the rain it will be fine. Plus its also an excellent excuse to purchase some more bags for outwith summer.

Fingers crossed I will the auction tonight as i've had this bag on my mind for days now!

Tygerkitty - I'm totally in love with my av, my friend gave it to me, love the colours and its so yummy looking!

You can try using a waterproofing silicone spray, re-apply according to how often you are using the bag. Just make sure to do a test spot incase it darkens or stains the bag first.