Durability: How do bbags wear/last/age, do they scuff/scratch/spot easily?

Hi Ladies!!

So as some of you know, i recently acquired a seigle.. (new-to-me, but almost brand new!) http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/newest-baby-quickie-reveal-678706.html

now, my question to Seigle Owners...

does the leather on your bag scratch easily?

although i have LMB products for balenciaga, i decided to not treat them (yet).. because i want to see how the bag will be without any prior treatments (such as conditioner, FHO, etc.)

but now i notice that there are white spots that i think are fingernail scratches.. does that happen to you guys too?

hope someone can enlighten me on this one...
thanks!!! :P

Hi Ladies!!

So as some of you know, i recently acquired a seigle.. (new-to-me, but almost brand new!) http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/newest-baby-quickie-reveal-678706.html

now, my question to Seigle Owners...

does the leather on your bag scratch easily?

although i have LMB products for balenciaga, i decided to not treat them (yet).. because i want to see how the bag will be without any prior treatments (such as conditioner, FHO, etc.)

but now i notice that there are white spots that i think are fingernail scratches.. does that happen to you guys too?

hope someone can enlighten me on this one...
thanks!!! :P
Hi Anika,
I think it's quite normal for Bal bags to get nail scratches on the leather, just like any other bags, since you can't prevent that when you're wearing it. They might not be nail scratches, maybe you accidentally bumped or dragged it into something w/o noticing it. I got a Seigle Velo, as well as my other Bals & I see some light scratches if I really look closely, but it really doesn't show that much because the leather is so well distressed that it just blends in. They don't bother me that much & when I use a moisturizer, the white scratches seems to even out.

I think you should just enjoy your bag & not worry too much on small little things. ;) I'm sure nobody else will notice it.

yeah, i think you're right! i should just enjoy my very very lovely seigle!! :smile: ..... and use moisturizers :smile:

Hi Anika,
I think it's quite normal for Bal bags to get nail scratches on the leather, just like any other bags, since you can't prevent that when you're wearing it. They might not be nail scratches, maybe you accidentally bumped or dragged it into something w/o noticing it. I got a Seigle Velo, as well as my other Bals & I see some light scratches if I really look closely, but it really doesn't show that much because the leather is so well distressed that it just blends in. They don't bother me that much & when I use a moisturizer, the white scratches seems to even out.

I think you should just enjoy your bag & not worry too much on small little things. ;) I'm sure nobody else will notice it.

So I got my first bbag in march and I love it. It's a black city with giant hardware. I worn the bag probably not more then 10 times. I been really babying this bag as it's a lot of money for me and I don't know if I ever will be able so spend that much on the bag. So with this being said today I noticed a small scratch in the bag (next to the hardware). It's small but bugs me. So I am not sure what to do. Is it normal for bbags to get scratches here and there...as the leather is so soft??? Pls tell me if I should return the bag or if I am going crazy and this will eventually will happen to any bbag that is being used. Thank you!

This will happen to any bag ... try not to worry about it. It's like buying a new car and getting that first scratch. It sucks, but it's bound to happen no matter how careful you are. You might be able to moisturize it away (a bit) if you decide to moisturize your bag?

I know what you mean about it bugging you though. When I get that first scratch it bugs me too, but I realize it was probably going to happen eventually.

I am not in a good position to comment on the fading issue since my oldest bal bag just turned one year old still looking great.

Just my opinion, your bal bag's over all condition depends on how you use it and care for it. In my case, I always rotate my bags and as soon as I got home, I "dust a little" and placed it in dust bag. When I am driving, I positioned my Bal bag so it will not hit with direct sunlight. I never never put my bag on the floor ...

I pay attention to little details like that... It sounds like a lot of work, but once I "program" these habits into daily routines...it comes normal.... just like taking a shower everyday.:smile:

I'm thinking about getting a coquelicot bag, but I'm so afraid that in a couple of years it's going to look faded and old and awful. I'm a one bag kind of girl-I bought a Treesje bag 2 or 3 years ago and use it every. single. day. I love the look of a worn-in BBag in terms of the leather stretching and slouching, but I don't want to have a sad, dull-looking red bag.

I'm thinking about getting a coquelicot bag, but I'm so afraid that in a couple of years it's going to look faded and old and awful. I'm a one bag kind of girl-I bought a Treesje bag 2 or 3 years ago and use it every. single. day. I love the look of a worn-in BBag in terms of the leather stretching and slouching, but I don't want to have a sad, dull-looking red bag.

I think Bal reds are one of the colors aging well. I haven't heard about fading issues of the reds. I would say "Enjoy coquelicot!"

Hi everyone!

Is there anyway to protect the GCH???

Is it very difficult to maintain??? Im sooo torn i just ordered a city and dont know weather to keep or return, its in maldives color..

TIA!