Durability: How do bbags wear/last/age, do they scuff/scratch/spot easily?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. hello all! i just got a new emarald green hobo balenciaga and i was wondering on how durable the leather is ? do they scratch alot? majority of my bags are chloe, and im just so use to thick heavy leather. but i love the balenciaga, it's light and classic. i'm just scared of damage that's all. :blink:

2. I used my black balenciaga city all year for school. I stuffed it with papers, pens, pencils, notebooks - all sorts of crap. I'd just drop it on the floor in my classrooms - I'm not careful with it at all. It has no rips, tears, or scuffs even. The bag still looks brand new, and it's super duper soft. One thing I do do every so often is condition it with apple leather care lotion, so this may help protect the leather.

HTH

3. hello Yaa, :smile:

I too have a couple of chloes and was used to the thick pebbly style leather which rarely seems to look knocked about.

I was lucky enough to get a balenciaga two weeks ago and was amazed at how light they are, however, I do tend to baby it more than the paddy.

I always put it away in its dust cover when I am not using it, and I never leave it in the reach of my kids. I make sure it doesnt get left on the floor at restaurants and shops and I try to always hang it on a hook near the front door on my way into the house.

I think they are pretty durable, but it doesnt hurt to look after them. It means your bag will look mint for a lot longer. :biggrin:

cheers
    A.:flowers:

4. i use b-bags everyday!!! i find the more i use my b-bags the leather gets really soft!!! i throw my b-bags around etc... i just use them and have fun with them... i'm not a careless owner i'm just not too afraid to use and abuse them!

5. Hi yaa-yo!
    I don't know if you got a chance to read the other member's threads about massaging/treating their Bbags, but I think that if the bags can withstand all the pulling, twisting, and so on, they must be pretty durable. :yes:
    I usually use mine everyday, and though I'm pretty careful with it, I think it is pretty strong as I tend to fill it up. The leather hasn't scratched (knock on wood), but if it ever does, I plan on conditioning it and hope for the best.

6. its strong... dont worry too much about the leather. It looks better IMO all beat up-like! Just keep exacto knives away from it and you should be OK!

7. Oddly, with the exception of the metallic, I find the B-bags take their abuse a lot better than the Chloe bags. It doesn't scratch nearly as well as Chloe bags do. The new leather B-bags do seem thin, but with wear, they seem to plump and get smooshier and lovelier. I have an emerald twiggy and with usage, she's getting more and more gorgeous! Enjoy your bag! It's lovely now, and will get even more lovely with use! The emerald is a fantastic color!

8. your so rite, i always worry about scratching my chloes. but with the b-bag i wouldnt have to think about it so much.:yes: yah i really love the emerald green. b-bag colors make a statement:P

9. thanks everyone! i feel so much better. when i get a chance ill try to post pics. 8)

10. Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone else feels that the leather of b-bag on the base part feels a bit like cardboard?? Not smooshy like other parts at all!!! :hrmm:

11. Yep, I've noticed that on my Ink City :huh:

12. balenciaga leather is pretty durable unless you get a metallic b-bag. those tend to be softer and the metallic color is rubbed/scratched off rather easily in my experience.

13. well.. from what i've seen.. balenciaga leather is not durable enough to survive poodle attacks.

14. my hobo bottom is a bit thicker as well- they probably choose a thicker piece of leather so that it is more supportive of heavier weights of things you might carry! if its like cardboard maybe you should massage it a bit! ;)

15. lol :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice