Durability and aging of Azur neverfull

shoegal1149

Sep 3, 2010
Hi everyone :smile: I recently received a surprise gift card and decided to treat myself to a new LV! I was planning on getting a never gm in monogram but I've been eyeing the azur print a lot. I already have a neverfull in damier ebene which I use it daily and love it. I also have several other bags and SLG's in monogram and ebene and really want to get something in azur but im so worried about the color transfers and dirt and wear :sad: It's a gorgeous bag for up coming season and I've been going back and fourth about why I should/shouldn't get it. I really enjoy the patina on azur but I saw this lady carrying a horrible looking azur bag (wasn't aging well) and I'm just not sure about it. I'd love to hear from azur owners about the pros/cons and everything else:smile:
thank you so much:heart:

Reactions: vroni-fro
I am about to find out how well it ages! Just got this adorable bag and have been using it for 2 weeks. Spring is pretty much here, and I could not wait any longer. I have a DA Pochette I haven't had any issues with, so I took the plunge. Honestly, even if it doesn't age well, I will enjoy the ride. I am loving the pm size so much. My DE NF is mm and looks enormous to me now ;)
IMG_1488235113.153429.jpg

Thank you for sharing your pretty NF PM :smile: it looks so adorable! It is such a pretty spring/ summer bag:heart: I've been using my NF Ebene for 5 years and it still looks really good and I don't baby it! Do you find yourself babying the azur more?

I've posted this bag a zillion times. It's at least 10 years old. I still get compliments. I do not baby it at all.
View attachment 3618628

I've been going back and forth on whether to get an azur or monogram speedy b. I'm conflicted about monogram and the azur looks so fresh, but I've been worried about how it will age, I think you just convinced me to go for the azur! :smile:

Reactions: snibor
I've been going back and forth on whether to get an azur or monogram speedy b. I'm conflicted about monogram and the azur looks so fresh, but I've been worried about how it will age, I think you just convinced me to go for the azur! :smile:

Ha! Maybe you can get both in time? I think monogram probably more wearable although much more common. Azur is pretty for sure.

Ha! Maybe you can get both in time? I think monogram probably more wearable although much more common. Azur is pretty for sure.

Yes, I may very well end up with both! It's just that I have mixed feelings about monogram. Ironically, there are lots of bag styles in mono that I like, but not many that I like in azur.

Yes, I may very well end up with both! It's just that I have mixed feelings about monogram. Ironically, there are lots of bag styles in mono that I like, but not many that I like in azur.

I feel the same. I have an old multicolor mono I rarely wear. I don't have any regular mono bags and I've been contemplating getting one but unsure.

Anyway azur is pretty.

Reactions: catsinthebag
Thank you for sharing your pretty NF PM :smile: it looks so adorable! It is such a pretty spring/ summer bag:heart: I've been using my NF Ebene for 5 years and it still looks really good and I don't baby it! Do you find yourself babying the azur more?

I find myself worrying about the vachetta but not the azur canvas itself. I don't baby my bags at all, but do try to prevent rain on vachetta. I do love that there is only canvas on the bottom of this bag. I was initially thinking about the noe bb, but the vachetta bottom made me nervous. I previously owned a petit noe and the bottom of that bag was a mess!

I hope you find an azur you like. My bag makes me so happy- it is so light and bright for spring!

This is exactly what I am going through at the moment!! I have a NF in mono and I truly love how the mono looks with aging/darkening vachetta. However, for me, I really don't like how the dark vachetta looks on Azur. Maybe it's because my hairdresser's bag haunts me, she has an Azur NF and the straps are really dark and black. It looks like it's seen better days and should be retired. Anyways, I am leaning towards the Speedy B 25 in Azur because as you say, it's really fresh looking.

I've had my NF MM in Azur for nearly 2 years and I absolutely love it! [emoji173]Since then I have bought 4 other Lv bags in Mono & DE but it's still my favourite bag [emoji173] I have only worried about the vachetta in the the rain, I don't have any spots on it though. Canvas still looks lovely & overall has aged well [emoji4]

20160826_143114.jpg

Mine is 6 years old this summer. The handles are dark because I need to give it a good clean. It's patina is a beautiful honey and the only real wear is around the back corners that rub against my body. No color transfer just a bit of fading. It was my first luxury piece so I wasn't well informed on how to care for it. I still love it. It is still a perfect bag to me.

However, for me, I really don't like how the dark vachetta looks on Azur. Maybe it's because my hairdresser's bag haunts me, she has an Azur NF and the straps are really dark and black. It looks like it's seen better days and should be retired. ...

If my handles got to the point of being very dark and dirty, I would replace them. It is cheaper than getting a new bag, plus I like my canvas to be nice and soft from use. I replaced the handles on my mono speedy a few years ago because the original handles were ruined (it was my first LV and I didn't take good care of it).

Does anyone here do that?

Reactions: OCMomof3