Duplicate Threads

JazzyMac

Jazzy says, "buy the bag".
O.G.
Aug 22, 2013
Hello!

I was just PM'd about not being allowed to post duplicate threads, and linked to tPF's ToS, but I truly don't see it anywhere in the rules. Perhaps being on my phone makes my search a bit limited, but I don't want to miss a set of rules that are somewhere on this forum, or perhaps I'm just reading the original rules incorrectly.

Can someone help?

Thank you!

Okay great, so I didn't miss it. Well in that case I can't be in violation of ToS...if it's not in the ToS. Perhaps it can be added?

The PM noted I was in violation, it wasn't allowed, and intimated that I failed to read the rules.

Needless to say, I'd like an apology for PF deleting my thread. Something not being allowed or in violation is different then something "we just don't want or like".

Much appreciated kindly. 🙂

Your thread wasn't deleted actually, it was simply merged so you lost no content and lost no responses. :smile:

But....duplicate threads are still not an official rule? So it was "merged"...why?

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but here duplicate breads are useful to get different opinions on folks who are partial to a certain designer. I've also had duplicate threads before...if it's not allowed, it should be in the ToS (or don't say it is if it isn't).

We merge them all day every day :smile: It's no biggie.
Doesn't make sense in such a busy forum to allow hundreds of thousands of people to post the exact same topics several times. KWIM?

Ok I got a PM about the same instance. I posted something on MK forum and then found the Selma forum that would have been a better place for it. My PM said people were "complaining"???I don't see how they would have known unless they stalk my PF posts or something. I'd like to know who the so-called complainers are.....and fyi, I wasn't able to delete my post if I wanted to so how could I be in violation????

Last edited: