Duomo Looove...a dilemma

As much as I love the Duomo, I would definately keep the speedy. It has alot of sentimental value which might cause you to regret selling it down the line. The duomo will be there when you're ready to get it ;)

Keep the speedy, I'm a sucker for the sentimental aspect of all of my things, every bag and accessory I purchase has some sentimental value to me that's why I can never sell anything I own....The speedy is a great classic bag and you could always get the duomo in the future.

loriw said:
I was able to return a bag that I bought at the Paris store to an LV Boutique near me. They were very sweet about it.

Really? Very interesting...might be worth a phone call to the local shop. Worst case scenario, they say no, and I move on. Thank you!

spylove22 said:
I would keep the speedy for the sentimental value. Which size is it 25 or 30?

It's the 25, which is the perfect size for me.

The sentimental value is what's holding me back...it's my first LV, plus it reminds me of the trip. I think I still have my first Coach somewhere too. But I've been trying to declutter and simplify my life lately, so maybe should just let it go.

If I had the Damier speedy 25 then I would keep it. Its cuter IMO after I saw them in person

If it were the 30, then I'd return it.

Just had to add another 2 cents in :P

As Iluvbags stated earlier, I have both and I love both. They are similar, but not enough to make me not want to have either one. The Duomo is much more structured than the Speedy. It's also smaller on the inside than the Speedy. With the Speedy, I feel as though I can throw it around and pretty much use it as my everday go to bag. The Duomo, I treat better. It has the gold feet on the bottom and is a bit "classier" meaning now that I have my Speedy, I won't wear it with jeans/sweats like I used to. Although I haven't used my Duomo since I got my Speedy doesn't mean I love Duomo any less...life has just been bummier, lol.

Here's some pics of the 2 together:

dsduomo.jpg

damiercollection.jpg

blackbutterfly said:
As Iluvbags stated earlier, I have both and I love both. They are similar, but not enough to make me not want to have either one. The Duomo is much more structured than the Speedy. It's also smaller on the inside than the Speedy. With the Speedy, I feel as though I can throw it around and pretty much use it as my everday go to bag. The Duomo, I treat better. It has the gold feet on the bottom and is a bit "classier" meaning now that I have my Speedy, I won't wear it with jeans/sweats like I used to. Although I haven't used my Duomo since I got my Speedy doesn't mean I love Duomo any less...life has just been bummier, lol.

Here's some pics of the 2 together:...

Thank you! It's very helpful to know that the Duomo, while larger in dimensions, is smaller on the inside than the Speedy. I was disappointed to discover that same phenomenon with the Ellipse, which is also more structured and less informal. Maybe I should go over to LV and see if all my stuff will fit in the Duomo before deciding.

Thanks for the side by side photos too - that helps a lot! I love having a forum like this to talk about this stuff with. I don't know of anywhere else in the world I could do that.