Duomo and Marilyn

efleon

LVoe
O.G.
Jul 30, 2008
Hi Everyone, I finally decided and the decision was a duomo in damier and the white marilyn. I am very very happy and as you can see from my signature I am DONE (promise) for now. My only question is, why are there almost no mentions of the duomo anywhere???? It is an absolutely tdf bag that is just so great. Any ideas? I researched this entire site and there is not one pic. BTW, as soon as it arrives, I will post pics of the duomo with my mini lin charm!!!! Cant wait -- but in the meantime, any thoughts on duomo? (I know already that everyone loves the marilyn!!!!!).

One day my husband came home from work and described a bag which turned out to be the Duomo! He was soooo taken with it that he remembered lots of details so that we could identify it. He is quite picky with what he thinks is nice and this was one of those purses! I think of it as a structured speedy. (I am one of those who despise the speedy slouch so this is truely appealing to me)

I love the Duomo bag. It's actually on my list to get and one of the few Damier Ebene bags that I really like. The fact that you don't see everyone carrying it makes it even more appealing to me. Congrats on both of your bags!

Wow, thanks so much for your input so far!!! I was just trusting my instincts on the duomo - it just spoke to me -- without checking in with you all first like I usually do so I was a little nervous. Lesson to self = just trust self more!!!!

The Duomo was one of the first LV's I wanted but after getting the Damier Speedy, I kept putting it off because I thought they were too much alike (similar size, handheld, same print) and never ended up getting it. I still like it very much but decided that the Speedy was enough and now want the Trevi PM instead because it's different. Congratulations on your bags. Enjoy!

My Mom has the Duomo and I love it. It does remind me a Speedy but structured. I'm counting the days (its going to be a long time) before I can get my hands on it. LOL. You won't regret your purchase.

i love the duomo!! its just gorgeous! i had this same thought when i bought my ribera mm...i really loved the bag and thought it was beautiful but it is definitely not a bag i see on tpf a lot or even on the streets...but now i actually love that, the bag feels more special and unique when u don't see everyone carrying it. when i asked this same question other tpfers said that probably the duomo and ribera aren't AS popular due to the high price, espeically since they are similar in shape to the damier speedy and double the price!

- oh and please post pics soon, i can't wait to see it!

i'm aching for the duomo but like others mentioned, i've been putting it off because of the high price...i watched the price soar from ~$1200 - what it is now $15xx + tax! i really wish i can own one some day becuase it is my dream bag...i've been looking at second hand ones and have put off with a couple of them because i'm still thinking of whether i should be getting it brand new because it's my dream bag. i'm so jealous that u have it!