Duo Owners, What Do You Think?

jackieusc

O.G.
Mar 8, 2008
I would love to hear from anyone with a DUO.
How do you wear it? What do you put in it? What else will fit in it with a laptop?
Do you use the shoulder strap? How do the handles/strap hold up with a laptop in it? Does it seem too heavy with a laptop? Can it handle the weight?
What colors do you have? How long have you had it? Why did you buy it?

I did a search for Duo reviews and came up with nothing! :smile::smile:

I use to have the Blush/Python trim DUO and i LOVED the style.

It was a great bag, and it can be worn over the shoulder, and messenger style. It holds a LOT, and i never used it for a laptop, but i use to tote around a lot of stuff in it! i always tend to keep my bags full though. I didn't find it to be that heavy, but it really depends on what you stuff it with!

Thanks Desi! I saw that color combo and it looks gorgeous! Do you have any mod pics of it? What was the leather like? The one I stalked at the dept store was brown and I don't know if the iris lizard will be the same type of leather.

I only got rid of mine because I did a major bag purge to pay off some CC debt. This is the only bag that i REALLY miss too!! The blush was amazing, it was a delicate leather though! I don't have any mod pics because i don't have the bag anymore, and never took any before :sad:

The duo is a beautiful style though, and i really want it in I/pL!!

sweetart, I have a regular macbook and it does fit, but it is several inches all around smaller than your macbook pro, I believe. I took my laptop to Van Maur last month and stuffed it in! The nice thing about it was the double zipper pull opening, made it easy to get things in and out.

This color combo is just killing me though....so hot!

hi jackie,

i got my dark brown duo a few weeks ago from LB, and i bought it because i was looking for a good school bag/work bag. i initially wanted the elisha bag, but liked the rectangular-ity of the duo, because i thought i'd be able to carry my laptop in it. i was also looking for a bag that could be carried different ways, mainly with a shoulder strap though, like messenger style.

my first impression of the bag was that it was definitely a work bag, which i was so excited about, because i was going to be carrying it to school for my work supplies, etc. since i got the dark brown, maybe that has something to do with the serious work vibe i got from it, the CG/amber or the PL combos def seem more fun and funky. the leather was amazing, thick and sturdy, idk if that applies only to the dark brown leather though.

i did notice though that the double zip top can be hard to open with one hand, at least for me. i was carrying it with the handles in the crook of my right arm, using my left hand to open it and get my wallet out, but it was a little tricky. i prefer putting it down and using both hands, one to hold the tab on one side of the bag and the other to unzip. it's definitely easier to get stuff out of your bag if you're carrying it with the messenger strap though.

CARRYING IT: i usually wear it one of three ways, with the handles over my shoulder, like a normal purse, but it does tend to get a little heavy with my usual school stuff in there (a few notebooks, folders, art supplies pencil case, wallet, ipod, other random stuff). that's when i switch it up and use the shoulder strap, which i love. when my shoulder gets a little tired, i'll carry the handles in the crook of my arm, but since the duo is quite big (for me, i'm 5'0") and structured, i don't carry it like that very long.

LAPTOP: i actually was only BARELY able to squeeze my laptop in there, because my laptop is a pretty hefty guy, a 14" x 10.5" (17" diagonally across) dell, but i was thinking about getting a slimmer/smaller laptop anyway for easier transport. i had to maneuver this monstrosity in there, and once it was in there, it was pretty snug, and there was no way i was getting anything else in there, which kinda made me :shrugs: because i need to carry my charger as well for it to work. it seemed pretty heavy, but i guess it depends on what kind of laptop you have.

hope that helps! :tup: overall, i love my duo, and it's a great school/work bag.

Last edited: