Dumped from Ebay Power Seller Status

I got the same email this morning. I guess I'm not selling enough volume-wise to be in their program right currently. I've been in and out of PowerSeller status so many times now. TBH, I don't see any real benefit to being a PowerSeller anyway.

There's a minimun amount you have to sell in order to maintain your power seller status and when things took a dive on ebay awhile back, I just stopped listing. Therefore, I'm not of value to ebay anymore even though I think I'm one of their best. :biggrin:

Lori, I agree. It never did much for me and I never really saw the value of the PS status.

There's a minimun amount you have to sell in order to maintain your power seller status and when things took a dive on ebay awhile back, I just stopped listing. Therefore, I'm not of value to ebay anymore even though I think I'm one of their best. :biggrin:

Lori, I agree. It never did much for me and I never really saw the value of the PS status.

Yes that will happen, and I think the just updated their requirements again. I try not to read from ebay everything it makes my head hurt. If I meet the requirements great. If I don't I don't (not that I ever want to loose it due to poor customer service etc) I don't. No worries I am sure you are not alone.

I meet the criteria but it says I have opted out? I haven´t, and I don´t know what to do to get the power seller sign (not that it´s a biggie)

Sorry to hear you didn´t meet their criteria this time.

i too have gone in and out so many times. the only thing i like is getting a number to call if i have a problem. if i was smart i would have written that down somewhere. lol.

I got the same email this morning. I guess I'm not selling enough volume-wise to be in their program right currently. I've been in and out of PowerSeller status so many times now. TBH, I don't see any real benefit to being a PowerSeller anyway.
Agree. Haven't listed anything in a long time, and what did Power Seller status do for me anyway? Nothing. Maybe for huge volume sellers. But I was the "Rob Peter to Pay Paul" kind of seller: Get $$ for my next fix (usually B bag):biggrin: I do admit it was a stupid little powertrip, thinking "oh boy I am a Powerseller," LOL. And it was good having that hotline # in case there was a problem. You have to sell $3K in three months to keep up the lowest status (or those were the old terms)

I am still in the Power Seller program, but I have gone in and out....

I didn't sell anything for almost a year - then I started selling again. I always ignore their little e-mails. Remember, they are a marketing ploy. It is not something they send out to say, "Good Job," or anything like that. They are trying to make money. They want to guilt trip you into saving your "Powerseller Status." And really, there is no status for being a powerseller. When I go to McDonald's, they still charge me the same amount for my diet coke! LOL!

I'm currently a Power Seller, but since I am really only an occasional seller, I'll loose it after a few months, then when I sell again several months later, I'll get it again. It comes and goes....

What an insane thing if you don´t get any benefits from it? It seems like a smart ploy by ebay though.....causing stress and having people sell sell sell to uphold their power seller status.

The benefit is the 20% reduction in your fees........other than that, not much. I was just downgraded from silver to bronze with a warning that I have a tenuous hold on that.