Dumb Question - Which Way Do We Carry Evelyne

bagpunk

Oct 31, 2006
I noticed most folks carry it with the "logo" (the holes) facing front. I always wished the Evelyn is plain all over. The "logo" is the one thing which has so far stopped me from wanting one.

But then I noticed that the closure/catch opens and closes on the plain side. As far as I know, we usually put openings and closings outward from our body for practical reasons.

So my question is: is the Evelyn designed for the "logo" to be hidden on the inner side when we carry it? But people carry it facing front because they prefer that?

Not that it matters what things are originally designed for, we can carry and use them as we like I suppose. But the catch on this side or that really effect practicality when we actually use the bag so I figured it is a relevant question as it might very well make me want an Evelyn!

That is, my friends, a few thousand dollars difference in my life and a significant enough difference for me to be posting this thread :P

Last edited:
Bagpunk, I carry mine with the H out because of very inane reasons...I don't like having the little tab on the H side get all bent when rubbing against my jeans, plus, the way I have my things stacked inside, it's easier for me to grab my wallet when my bag has the H facing out. I know, I could just turn all my stuff around, but that would require me to rearrange my bag! The H logo doesn't really bother me because noone really knows what it stands for or even that it's an "H" unless they really look closely.

hi OB
i kinda wasn't sure what the "logo" was when i first saw an evelyne too. but there is just something about it which i am not sure i can like. now, if that is to be carried inward.... hmmm..... :P i am glad. some bags can look obviously wrong when you carry it in a way that was not intended. the evelyne seems to be able to be carried either way. that is good!

on a side matter, do you find the adjustable and non adjustable straps make a difference?

Last edited:
I carry mine both ways. I haven´t really even thought about it. The "H" doesn´t bother me and hardly anyone in my country even knows what it means. I think your question is a good one and I´m interested to know what others think.

my perspective is more from an aesthetic point of view rather than social. but it posed other interesting questions i suppose.

i just don't like that H-like-form-in-an-oval-"holes" design (i am even reluctant to call it a logo, thus the "__" mark). and being able to hide it will make a lot of difference in my decision to spend money on one or not :smile:

Yep, the H is supposed to go inwards. It's a very practical bag for traveling and for running around with kids. It's also very cool in a bright fun color like orange. I was in Paris around New Years, and ended up getting an Evelyne at FSH because I was walking towards Hermes behind a girl in a black coat with an orange Evelyne worn messenger style...looked so chic and Parisian!

oooooo.... OB, i can just imagine...! i don't think DH is going to let me get anywhere near paris or FSH anytime in my life soon!!!!

where i am living, one is more humid hot, while the other has 4 seasons in one day almost all the time. it is very very hard to be chic in both of these climates!!

i am looking for something that is hands free (extensive walking required daily), tough against the elements, and pretty :smile: i am sick of having to carry a tramping backpack all the time and look like a slob!

this evelyne is a nice in between which i can see myself carrying in both climate and lifestyles. so i am glad to find this new possibility :yes: you see, i am already planning my next few years purchases of H :P

Last edited: