dumb question, what does "resort" mean for RM?

Both. Every year there is a "Resort" collection but when you hear us talking about resort it is usually last season's resort collection because it has different hardware. Instead of using her usual round studs she used pyramid type/ rocker studs.. Instead of her normal tassels she used a thick but short leather zipper pull with pyramid studs on it.

This resort line came out right between the switch of old and new hardware. I think it was the first real time she changed her hardware though.. could be wrong..

If I was so tired I'd look for pics.. maybe in a little bit. Hope that helps!

^No idea about this year's collection ... usually resort collections tend to be more showy and at the same time casual (like the clothing you wear to go to a warm-weather resort on the dead of winter if you are crazy-a** rich!) I get the impression that a lot of designers use these "in between" (fall and spring, that is) collections to spread their wings and experiment a bit, like RM did last year with the studded HW.

HTH! (Great question, btw -- I am sure you're not the only one thinking this). :smile:

during winter people travel to warmer climates (e.g., beach house in naples). in general a resort collection can reflect clothing or bags that can be brought on vacation. MJ does a resort collection for his clothing line and it usually includes beach dresses that can be worn over swimsuits, etc.

this year RM is using brighter colors (peacock, rose, sunshine) for resort. most people don't associate yellow or pink with winter but it does put a twist in the collection.

i think this year's resort is mostly the light gold signature hw - RM is doing more with colors than HW this year i believe... resort colors being Peacock, Sunshine, Rose, and Fawn.

p.s... i love your Neverfull!

According to the line sheets, resort collection is only the eggshell/brown croc trim and noir/black croc trim combos being released in November. The CRUISE collection colors this year are the sunshine, peacock, rose, and malibu tie dye colors being released mid-November through December. Also looking at the line sheets it is the new hardware, it looks like the new/old mixed hardware isn't available until SPRING collection (expect for the cobalt and kelly colors).

What everyone else has said is correct about the idea behind resort or cruise collections. They are an inbetween collection with the idea of vacationing in a tropical climate during the winter.

Resort 2007 did have pyramid studs and the colors were lavender, new black (the one with yellow on the edges), night blue, evergreen, and yellow. RM did not do a Cruise collection last year.

The resort hardware is really nice. My nickle mam has it.

3527474072_ecb94bd31d_o.jpg

3527473950_8ab4c55725_o.jpg